Dear Ford Service

craigstu

Established Member
We are in the 3rd month of my wife's daily driver 15GT Prem w/ PP. We traded in her 2010 GT and love this car w/ two exceptions. 1-the 373 rear gear. (our mistake, we should have skipped the PP package) and 2-the way over assisted brakes. I started a thread on the 373 and the consensus is the gears can be changed but that will mess up all the electronics. I have seen several comments about the brakes from others but no fix. Is there a MC w/ 1/16 to 1/8 inch larger bore available possibly from another Ford model. I am fine w/ paying expenses, buying parts as needed.
Thank you for any help you can provide,
CraigS

usaf_branham

Established Member
Dude... U got the PP - 13 inch rotors w/ 6 piston brembo's... Of course it's going to stop on a dime

U should have gotten a non-perf pack car

craigstu

Established Member
USaf I am NOT talking about it's stopping on a dime. I am talking about the ridiculously low pedal effort needed for it to do that.

Dcrypter

Established Member
Dude... U got the PP - 13 inch rotors w/ 6 piston brembo's... Of course it's going to stop on a dime

U should have gotten a non-perf pack car

Right? I don't even know what else to say... You bought a car with bigger brakes than a 13'-14' GT500 and you're complaining about them working as intended.

Also why are you making a post to ford service when they have their own account for you to message? Seems like you are just asking for these types of responses.

5.0jake

Established Member
craigstu, I have the solution. I will trade my non pp GT for your PP, you'll love it:)

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Correction the 15 mustang brakes with 6 piston calipers and 15 inch rotors are the exact same size as the 13/14 gt-500 not bigger. How do i know? i put the 13/14 gt-500 brakes on my 12 gt. the original poster is right. In the 15' s they are over boosted. Mine are not touchy at all and they stop very well. Its one of the best upgrades I've done to my car. I dont have a clue why Ford would make them so touchy....unfortunatley there is not much you can do about it!

craigstu

Established Member
Thanks Blackbeast. It's nice to see there is someone who understands the difference between stopping distance/stopping power and pedal effort.

craigstu

Established Member
Ideally I'd like to find an MC that could be installed that has 1/16 to 1/8 larger bore diameter. Or a way to reduce the assist. Apparently I didn't approach this correctly. Since the majority of the replies are just sarcastic comments, I no longer expect to get anything helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread