Dear Hau Thai-Tang..From the Wedgie guy.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It looks like I may owe you a deep apology. It seems as though you and your team have kept the promise of a great new cobra, and I applaud you for it with the utmost gratitude. Looks like you have avoided the Atomic wedgie...this time. :)

Thanks,

Jeff

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Hold off on your praise until we see how much the new Cobra weighs and what it's going to cost. The car itself isn't bad. It carries over quite a bit from our cars and is a decent next step in the evolution of the Mustang Cobra. I like the red stitching in the seats and steering wheel. Nice touch. When will they be available?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It shouldn't weigh to much more than the GT. Maybe 80-100 more lbs at the most. This looks like a true production model, and not just a concept.

Published: March 23, 2005 -- 2006 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500

What's the point? Ford's Special Vehicle Team, or SVT - out of sight since the introduction of the trouble-plagued Ford GT supercar - is coming out of hibernation with the release of a very muscular Mustang. The car is a cooperative venture with Carroll Shelby, the veteran Ford racer, now 82.

Is it real? Most definitely. It will be sold only through Ford's SVT dealers. But there's a twist: it is the only SVT product in 12 years that does not wear an SVT badge anywhere on its body.

The company line: Carroll Shelby, the car's co-developer, said he never dreamed that he would still have a fruitful association with Ford 45 years after it began. "I'm just happy to be here at this point in my life," said Mr. Shelby, who has had several organ transplants.

The view from here: This SVT version of the legendary Shelby Mustangs carries most, but not all, of the styling licks of the original. The wide double paint stripes are there, as are the big grille opening and a version of the original Shelby logo. But the driving lights mounted in the grille, a signature design cue of the original, have been moved below the bumper. Why? Because this engine tends to run hot and needs the cooling air, said J Mays, Ford's chief of design.

What makes it tick? This is indeed the most powerful Mustang ever built, with a 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 that makes "at least" 450 horsepower (subject to final tuning for emissions and noise). A 6-speed manual transmission will be standard equipment.

How much? How soon? Hau Thai-Tang, director of SVT, said that when the new car goes on sale next spring, the price will be close to that of the old 390-horsepower Cobra - about $35,000.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
dougwg said:
goofball :) :lol:

He took the time to quote (paraphrase) me in HotRod Magazine. The least I can do is back off of him a little. :) :pepper:

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
It shouldn't weigh to much more than the GT. Maybe 80-100 more lbs at the most. This looks like a true production model, and not just a concept.

Published: March 23, 2005 -- 2006 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500

What's the point? Ford's Special Vehicle Team, or SVT - out of sight since the introduction of the trouble-plagued Ford GT supercar - is coming out of hibernation with the release of a very muscular Mustang. The car is a cooperative venture with Carroll Shelby, the veteran Ford racer, now 82.

Is it real? Most definitely. It will be sold only through Ford's SVT dealers. But there's a twist: it is the only SVT product in 12 years that does not wear an SVT badge anywhere on its body.

The company line: Carroll Shelby, the car's co-developer, said he never dreamed that he would still have a fruitful association with Ford 45 years after it began. "I'm just happy to be here at this point in my life," said Mr. Shelby, who has had several organ transplants.

The view from here: This SVT version of the legendary Shelby Mustangs carries most, but not all, of the styling licks of the original. The wide double paint stripes are there, as are the big grille opening and a version of the original Shelby logo. But the driving lights mounted in the grille, a signature design cue of the original, have been moved below the bumper. Why? Because this engine tends to run hot and needs the cooling air, said J Mays, Ford's chief of design.

What makes it tick? This is indeed the most powerful Mustang ever built, with a 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 that makes "at least" 450 horsepower (subject to final tuning for emissions and noise). A 6-speed manual transmission will be standard equipment.

How much? How soon? Hau Thai-Tang, director of SVT, said that when the new car goes on sale next spring, the price will be close to that of the old 390-horsepower Cobra - about $35,000.
where did u get this info?
i love the sound of 35K price tag :thumbsup:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Hau Thai-Tang, Bill Ford, all of SVT. The whole company deserves a round for this Mustang gen topped off by the Shelby :beer:

No atomic wedgies...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
:beer: Bill will always be on my cool list. Hau Thai-Tang has much to prove, but so far he is doing very well. :)

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
:beer: Bill will always be on my cool list. Hau Thai-Tang has much to prove, but so far he is doing very well. :)

So what you're saying is someone can pass the message onto Bill that he's not getting an atomic wedgie :lol1: and agreed, HTT is off to a very good start. :beer:

RossSVT

Established Member
Too bad that this is NOT the new SVT COBRA. It's a SHELBY! The SVT COBRA will not be here for another year.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
RossSVT said:
Too bad that this is NOT the new SVT COBRA. It's a SHELBY! The SVT COBRA will not be here for another year.

You have not been paying very good attention. This is a SVT GT500. It is replacing the Cobra. In reality it is not a cobra, but a GT500. The cobra emblems are on it for the same reason that they are on the old Shelby cars. But this IS the SVT mustang we have been waiting for. :)

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
The DBK said:
Hau Thai-Tang, Bill Ford, all of SVT. The whole company deserves a round for this Mustang gen topped off by the Shelby :beer:

No atomic wedgies...
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

RossSVT

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
You have not been paying very good attention. This is a SVT GT500. It is replacing the Cobra. In reality it is not a cobra, but a GT500. The cobra emblems are on it for the same reason that they are on the old Shelby cars. But this IS the SVT mustang we have been waiting for. :)

No, I have been paying very close attention. I will wait and see. But I'll stick to what I said.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
RossSVT said:
No, I have been paying very close attention. I will wait and see. But I'll stick to what I said.

:nonono: Everyone at FORD, HTT, SHELBY,etc has called this the new SVT Mustang. I don't see where the grey area is that has you concerned. :shrug:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
:nonono: Everyone at FORD, HTT, SHELBY,etc has called this the new SVT Mustang. I don't see where the grey area is that has you concerned. :shrug:

Yeah, it's weird. I keep reading posts indicating people are going to wait for the "regular" Cobra. Er, this is the regular Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread