Dear Hau Thai-Tang..From the Wedgie guy.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
You have not been paying very good attention. This is a SVT GT500. It is replacing the Cobra. In reality it is not a cobra, but a GT500. The cobra emblems are on it for the same reason that they are on the old Shelby cars. But this IS the SVT mustang we have been waiting for. :)

It's not the 2007 SVT Cobra that I've been waiting for. Sorry, but this old man doesn't need stripes and a retro interior. I want a lighter more refined car without the paint, tick, and IRS problems that plagued the '03/'04 Cobras. Fix the problems, put a twin-screw SC 5.4 and a better tranny/stronger rear and THAT's what I want. And keep it understated.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
harry gilbert said:
It's not the 2007 SVT Cobra that I've been waiting for. Sorry, but this old man doesn't need stripes and a retro interior. I want a lighter more refined car without the paint, tick, and IRS problems that plagued the '03/'04 Cobras. Fix the problems, put a twin-screw SC 5.4 and a better tranny/stronger rear and THAT's what I want. And keep it understated.

That seems about what they did. Except for the retro interior. I am sure the stripes are an option. Other than that, it looks like you have your wish.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
That seems about what they did. Except for the retro interior. I am sure the stripes are an option. Other than that, it looks like you have your wish.

Really - lighter? And without the "GT500" badging? And we'll see about the quality.....

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
as far as the quality goes, I believe most of the inherent problems with that have been eliminated by moving assembly from Dearborn to Flat Rock

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Sounds like you want a Fox body 5.0 to me.. Go get it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Or, the most obviouse...The tach where it says "SVT" right in the damn middle in lights. :nonono:

metaman

Established Member
There are svt center caps on the wheels. And they put a great big svt license plate on it to drive the point home. Plus the coil covers say "Powered by SVT". It is the SVT cobra. I would however still like to see the SVT emblem on the back of the car, maby it will be there when the production model is revealed.

Established Member
Disagree Hissman, give em all a double atomic wedge at the blue oval (but it is cool you were quoted!). The next generation Cobra should have been more refined and improved upon. This is a Mustang with a body kit, big brakes and alot of horsepower. Can you imagine what Ford could have done if they went with current performance think, i.e. serious weight reduction to enhance performance/reliability? Imagine an all aluminum 4.6 with the improved S/C and 500 lbs total weight reduction. Would have improved the reliability of many components (like the IRS, which as most of us have discovered, is easily bullet proofed with simple bolt-ons) as well. I can shred my 275s with 400/400. Imagine 450/450 through 255s! And as far as build quality/reliability goes, I have never seen a Ford or Chevy produced without some issues. Hopefully Ford resolved the old issues. Question in my mind is how receptive will they be to solutions for new issues that come up? Alright, I'll hold off on the wedgies, but if the car makes it to production without at least putting enough rubber on it to stay on the ground Hau better start dressing commando!

Users who are viewing this thread