Deceased 00R's

TFStang

Established Member
Well...there were of course 300 at one point in time, but 17 years later, that is no longer the case. A few of the 300 have been crashed and totaled and it would be good to keep a thread going with any info members may have on cars that have been totaled. I know #165 was totaled a little while back while being delivered to it's new owner who was also a member on here. It would be interesting to know how many of the 300 are actually still around, or should I say 299 since we know for sure at least the #165 car has been totaled.

Anyone know of any others?

TFStang

Established Member
No kidding!!! Wonder why he doesn't say that it was totaled in the video. Of course the fact that an R has been repainted from its factory color, which is quite nice I might ad is a tell tale sign that there's something more to the story...

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I doubt many 00Rs have been totaled. Very few were raced, so they weren't put in high-risk situations. Maybe a few, as in less than 5, otherwise they were rebuilt. They are too valuable to scrap.

You want destroyed Rs, look at the 95s. There were a number of them destroyed racing.

Tom

04Saleen281

Established Member
I remember a 00 being parted out a few years back around the Spokane, Washington area. I believe it was a result of a road racing accident at a track.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
No kidding!!! Wonder why he doesn't say that it was totaled in the video. Of course the fact that an R has been repainted from its factory color, which is quite nice I might ad is a tell tale sign that there's something more to the story...

The fact that he mods it, drives it and races it indicates his acceptance at a colossal value hit.

Prolly used the pay out to rebuild it.

This cars are ultimately Mustangs.

This means even if it was split in half, much like their vintage counter parts, someone is going to “re-shell” it and get that registration back in good standing.

BLU7710

Established Member
I doubt many 00Rs have been totaled. Very few were raced, so they weren't put in high-risk situations. Maybe a few, as in less than 5, otherwise they were rebuilt. They are too valuable to scrap.

You want destroyed Rs, look at the 95s. There were a number of them destroyed racing.

Tom
No doubt was it a clone or real 95R, that pounded into the wall into 24 hr course turn 1 Daytona? I cringe everything I watch that race on you tube.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
If it was the 95 or 96 race at Daytona, I believe that was my car which is in my avatar. It is R chassis #69.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread