Decent notch?

OneSlowCobra

JackStand Racing :(
Established Member
Basically wondering how reliable this is. How quick it would be in rwhp and 1/4 wise and if it is a decent deal? Ive owned 3 new edges and built them but know nothing about these.
89 Mustang Notchback 351

This ad sucks but i looked at this car and it was a 302 bored .30 so it was a 306. It had a big cam, intake and heads with a couple bolt ons. Its the cleanest car ive ever seen and is seriously flawless. The undercarriage is just nuts. It has a cage, tubular k, long tubes, carb setup or EFI setup, it comes with 2 302 motors complete, 2 trans. It has a built c5 with liberty gears. Only downside is the interior is pretty much torn in a million pieces. Just two seats, a cage and dash. He has all the pieces to put it back together along with brand new carpet.

1990 notchback

If price was not an thing which one would you buy? which one is more reliable or quicker?

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Just keep in mind unless you have a hook up, it wont pass inspection. Was it a 4 banger conversion? It looks like real nice car. I would buy it. I just paid 6k for my car, and have around 7k with paint and all.

OneSlowCobra

JackStand Racing :(
Established Member
We have no emisson testing here. My current 99 cobra has long tubes no cats and mac catback. Hell i ran open headers for a couple days. They were both orginal 4ycl cars so 20 bucks a month in insurence will be nice :)

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
depending on compression and a few other things your probably looking at 350-380whp and atleast 400wtq out of the 351. My 408ci built fox made 414whp and 537tq. The 351 block can hold a TON more power than a 302 block and will make WAY more hp and tq than a 302 even fully built. The 351 is the way to go, hands down. I would talk him down a bit on price. Probably wouldn't pay over $7500 for it since it not a HUGE custom thing to swap in a 351, its a direct drop in for the most part. A 302 block is only good to about 500hp before you start risking a split block but a properly built 351 block can handle over 800hp provided you dont rev it to the moon. I shift my 408 at 6500rpm, just as an example.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
We have no emisson testing here. My current 99 cobra has long tubes no cats and mac catback. Hell i ran open headers for a couple days. They were both orginal 4ycl cars so 20 bucks a month in insurence will be nice :)

lucky bastard lol

Users who are viewing this thread