Decent price?

mgallo13

Established Member
A friends dad is selling his 2008 Acura TL type S for $12500 with 107k miles on it. Whole car is easily a 8/10 maybe 9/10. Do you guys think this is a fair price? I need a new daily. Thanks for the help!

Blackoyote

Established Member
Definitely a good price for a Type S...I'm guessing those saying less didn't catch that part. Hell, 08 normal TLs near me are around the asking price for this Type S.

SirShaun

Established Member
Get a beater. A lot of $2500 cars out their that have a lot of life left to them. Find a decent honda or toyota on the cheap and reap the rewards of 35mpg.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I can't comment on price, but just thought I would add in to be careful on low balling your friend's dad. Wouldn't want to offend anyone or cause any issues.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Why not spend a little more and get a brand new car with a full warranty? i know those TL's had transmission issues out the wazoo.

mgallo13

Established Member
I can't comment on price, but just thought I would add in to be careful on low balling your friend's dad. Wouldn't want to offend anyone or cause any issues.

Yeah man no worries. Pretty sure it's the friends and family price, not what he's asking you know what I mean? Lol

mgallo13

Established Member
Why not spend a little more and get a brand new car with a full warranty? i know those TL's had transmission issues out the wazoo.

College. Loans. Hahaha. I'm more interested if the TL is a good deal or not than specifically wanting one.

I'm also a contract worker so the idea of making payments and my contract possibly being bought out is super shitty. It's just not the right time for a brand new car yet. Because the only brand new car I'd buy is a new 5.0.

mgallo13

Established Member
Get a beater. A lot of $2500 cars out their that have a lot of life left to them. Find a decent honda or toyota on the cheap and reap the rewards of 35mpg.

Yes but what about when my soul dies from driving a Camry/civic/box? Hahaha

mgallo13

Established Member
Also forgot to state it's manual. Idk if that's the trans that had the issues or not.

Thanks for the feedback everyone

SirShaun

Established Member
Your soul will be reborn every evening when you pull into the drive and see your mint jeep or jeep parts due to 35mpg.

mgallo13

Established Member
Your soul will be reborn every evening when you pull into the drive and see your mint jeep or jeep parts due to 35mpg.

I like how "brand new 5.0" sounds much more than my jeep hahaha maybe this is a much better option than I thought

Stateguy

Established Member
If it's a manual I'd go for it. I had one and miss it everyday. After the 105k service those cars are pretty much bullet proof the only downside is premium fuel only. The 6speed cars also came with a limited slip dif.

Users who are viewing this thread