decided im buying a ecoboost f-150 but can anyone talk me out of it to buy the v8?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Exactly, think there is a 1500 lb difference in the towing package for either, with slight advantage to ecoboost. However if you are towing 9,000-10,500lbs in a half ton truck, you bought the wrong ****ing truck.

It would be ok if you had to do it maybe once, maybe twice a year. But 9k pounds regularly isn't a great idea.

stang910

Established Member
I wouldn't buy the 5.0. I've had a '13 ecoboost, a '15 2.7 ecoboost, and now a '17 10 speed 3.5 ecoboost and all have been great. For the '17 I was going to go 5.0, but I test drove it and besides the better sound it was very comparable to the 2.7 ecoboost I was trading in which was pretty disappointing. Ended up going with the new gen2 ecoboost which makes an engine that was already better than the V8 that much better.

Blown 89

Established Member
I wouldn't buy the 5.0. I've had a '13 ecoboost, a '15 2.7 ecoboost, and now a '17 10 speed 3.5 ecoboost and all have been great. For the '17 I was going to go 5.0, but I test drove it and besides the better sound it was very comparable to the 2.7 ecoboost I was trading in which was pretty disappointing. Ended up going with the new gen2 ecoboost which makes an engine that was already better than the V8 that much better.
Get ready:

1200px-Fire_fighters_practice_with_spraying_equipment%2C_March_1981.jpg

stang910

Established Member
Get ready:

1200px-Fire_fighters_practice_with_spraying_equipment%2C_March_1981.jpg
Lol anybody can say what they want im just stating my opinion. Everybody is going to have their own opinion and they may not agree with me, but one thing no one can honestly disagree about stock for stock the ecoboost will out perform the 5.0.

CV355

_
Established Member

5.0 all the way
We got a '17 F150 5.0 vs the Boof and am quite happy with it

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I know I just wanted to post that pic. For the hell of me I can't figure out how start a thread. I also thought this was a GT 350 forum but I guess it's all.
Go to the section you want and hit the new thread deal and type away. Then hit post new thread or submit. I can't remember which it is. Lol
I rarely start new ones.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I seen photos of one in a car wreck with a car and the truck was totaled out. Really nothing wrong with it if you are looking to race, jump, and get better gas mileage

Did you watch that ^. Is that why you're convinced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smm7PT

Established Member
I've had all the big 3 and my favorite was the 6.2L in my 12 Platinum I currently DD. I'm over 100K miles on it, I had 6 warranty claims in 9 months on a 3.5 EB.
Fuel economy for me has been the same across the board between 5.0 3.5 and 6.2, all geared different though. Same driving style!

If you want one that will get you 200k miles get the 6.2, if you can find one non Raptor without 4.10s. Oh drop the resonator, insert your choice of muffler and the 6.2L sounds glorious. Same can be said for 5.0 but not for the EB.

If owning short term save $$$ and lease a new 2.7EB the wife's edge Sport is just amazing. I'm so impressed with that motor. Never driven it in a truck but I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The aluminum bodied F150s hold up better in rollovers than Silverado shit wagons. The cabin remains intact whereas the cab on silverados gets crushed considerably. I have heard rumors GM would be going to aluminum bodied half ton truck soon themselves. That makes those commercials where they drop shit from considerably heights into the bed look silly if they will soon be following Ford with an aluminum bodied truck.

Vid, ignore the commentary, guy bitches about how jagged the aluminum is, but it clearly did better than the GM.

Lundy37

lundy
Established Member
Save your money.. buy a house and drive your current truck until the wheels fall off.. being a responsible adult is cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the svtperformance.com mobile app
My current 2002 f150 5.4L is having a lot of issues including spark plug blow out. Work is busy and I'm getting tired of fixing my truck every week. That's why I'm being a adult and selling my cobra to help pay for a newer truck.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
The aluminum bodied F150s hold up better in rollovers than Silverado shit wagons. The cabin remains intact whereas the cab on silverados gets crushed considerably. I have heard rumors GM would be going to aluminum bodied half ton truck soon themselves. That makes those commercials where they drop shit from considerably heights into the bed look silly if they will soon be following Ford with an aluminum bodied truck.

Vid, ignore the commentary, guy bitches about how jagged the aluminum is, but it clearly did better than the GM.

You are correct man. I believe some where between 18-20 they will go aluminum. There commercials are a ****ing joke real actors my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread