Decided to paint my Terminator...

Rodcobra

Established Member
That's only 1 of my gun cabinets lol, I have another cabinet full of Iwatas

There is probably 10k in spray guns give or take a few :lol:< I work for a paint company :rockon::-D

Nice and I was thinking about 10K ,I have some good'ole BASF on my Lightning too . Need any help ,LOL
3881954567_081b7d17fa_o.jpg

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Note to self.............Contact BlownCobra32v or jbrown1238 when I decide to repaint my car.

Great job! :rockon:

Can't wait to see the results. :pop:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
lol, i wish i had the skills to do that. cant wait to see the finished product

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
Yes the candy concentrate is water based as well, mixed 100:1 with a water base binder, then cut 2:1 with slow water based reducer. IMO the water based candy was a lot easier to spray vs solvent borne, it was my first time spraying a water based candy, so I sprayed multiple test panels for the color I was looking for

we use Sikkens wb where I work now. Just seems to take A LOT to cover regular colors. Reds and blues seem to be terrible even with a good colored sealer below. Ive sprayed Dupont candy (non WB) and some HOK candy (which is VERY finicky) Never tried wb candy but I'm curious now.

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
we use Sikkens wb where I work now. Just seems to take A LOT to cover regular colors. Reds and blues seem to be terrible even with a good colored sealer below. Ive sprayed Dupont candy (non WB) and some HOK candy (which is VERY finicky) Never tried wb candy but I'm curious now.

Well I see your in KY I can send a rep to your shop if your interested in taking a 3-4 day class at our training center in Ohio? We may be able to work out the cost of hotel and travel, send me a pm if your interested. I think you would be highly satisfied with this WB system, we have converted about 65% of PPG's WB shops and all shop owners,technicians love it

Rodcobra

Established Member
Well I see your in KY I can send a rep to your shop if your interested in taking a 3-4 day class at our training center in Ohio? We may be able to work out the cost of hotel and travel, send me a pm if your interested. I think you would be highly satisfied with this WB system, we have converted about 65% of PPG's WB shops and all shop owners,technicians love it

They are getting ready to push WB here in NC too .What the plus and minus of it . I'm in a small town so it will be a while ,but it's in the bigger cities already

Users who are viewing this thread