Deciding between P.P S550 or 03/04 Cobra

smitty2919

Established Member
I remember when the GT500 came out and people said it felt too refined compared to the terminator. Watch, when the next gen platform comes out the S550 is going to be "that old school, raw kick back" we're all talking about.

Exactly, people are comparing a 13 year old chassis/build quality with a boosted power plant to a modern design comfy NA car. I personally want both worlds. Something that puts a smile on your face but one I can also take on a long civilized cruise/road trip. I KNOW some of you Cobra guys will say "I can take my car on a road trip across country"...but riding in a Cobra compared to a current model car is not the same. I hope they improved the shifter location on newer cars. That's what I hated about my 03 GT and 04 Mach1 and 01 Cobra...shifter location sucks reaching 3rd in the "dinner table" seating position, and I'm 6'1 with lanky arms.

I felt right at home in a 04-06 GTO and my current 95 Z28.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
c6z is a great car. Just cant fit my kids in it who want to go for rides daddy's "race cars."

That said, the 5g z28 is much more special than a c6z and i'd LOVE to have one some day.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I hope they improved the shifter location on newer cars. That's what I hated about my 03 GT and 04 Mach1 and 01 Cobra...shifter location sucks reaching 3rd in the "dinner table" seating position, and I'm 6'1 with lanky arms.

I felt right at home in a 04-06 GTO and my current 95 Z28.

The shifter in the S550 falls right to hand, that is most likely the reason they're using a remote mount shifter. You can put the shifter where you want it unlike a toploader.

Users who are viewing this thread