Deciding between P.P S550 or 03/04 Cobra

DarkMach1

Established Member
You missed the point entirely. His post was mainly about focusing on the driving experience itself and detaching from creature comforts (which can numb and distract the drive).

Also, if you think an gt mustang can ever embarrass a Viper, no matter how much faster it is modded to be, you are doing it wrong. The guy in the Viper goes home "winning" no matter what.

He can go home however he wants, but a good raping is surely to stick with him. Go get milk, slap up a cocky old viper owner, all while having cool air blown on my butt by the heated/cooled seats. Winning.

Finding an unmolested low mile terminator or one that was properly modded by professionals is difficult but if he can then by all means go for it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
He can go home however he wants, but a good raping is surely to stick with him. Go get milk, slap up a cocky old viper owner, all while having cool air blown on my butt by the heated/cooled seats. Winning.

Finding an unmolested low mile terminator or one that was properly modded by professionals is difficult but if he can then by all means go for it.

You're right about one thing.... GTs are great cars for getting milk. ;)

2veloce2003

Established Member
Having owned a fully modified 03 Cobra Terminator and now a '17 GT I suggest that you live in the moment and do what you think is best for your situation. There is no perfect car or answer. We either live with our choices or change them.

smitty2919

Established Member
Somehow you managed to fit a ZL1 into a 30k dollar budget.

I'm still trying to figure out how you magically did this.

1) You don't live in my fantasy world
2) F budget and or save more money lol

OP, is a C5/C5Z/C6/C6Z not an option? People always dump their mustangs for those cars and $30k is very do-able.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
If I see you in Mt. Airy, you better be driving a Terminator....

with that being said, both are killer platforms, best of luck.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Until a whipple S550 heading to get some milk spots his "ready to race" viper and embarrasses him.

OP, drive both and decide for yourself.
I guess this is aimed at me? Good luck? I don't race.

I do believe I said "it feels raw, like I am ready to race". It is all about the feel, and what makes me happy. I really don't care about racing anyone... I've been down that road and realized I enjoy the cars, just the cars.
I guess the experience doesnt matter much to you.

It looks like Zyborg said it better than me already!

Last edited:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member

Before I bought the Viper I was getting ready to build the Cobra, so if I wanted to win races... it seems like a turbo, and ethanol would be a better bet than a low mile, well documented blue and white.
Better yet, it seems like a turbo Viper would be the way to go... but at the end of the day, that is why I would sell the Viper... not because someone has a fast Mustang.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Before I bought the Viper I was getting ready to build the Cobra, so if I wanted to win races... it seems like a turbo, and ethanol would be a better bet than a low mile, well documented blue and white.
Better yet, it seems like a turbo Viper would be the way to go... but at the end of the day, that is why I would sell the Viper... not because someone has a fast Mustang.

Might not make you sell it but you might want to mod it.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I guess this is aimed at me? Good luck? I don't race.

I do believe I said "it feels raw, like I am ready to race". It is all about the feel, and what makes me happy. I really don't care about racing anyone... I've been down that road and realized I enjoy the cars, just the cars.
I guess the experience doesnt matter much to you.

It looks like Zyborg said it better than me already!

Wasn't meant towards you it just simply involved your comment. Zyborg and I always look for a reason for a disagreement.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Drive a bunch of cars. Buy what makes you happiest. If you plan to go mod crazy it doesn't matter.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
For what he wants to do, 03/04 will get it done very well. Or even an 07+ GT500. Which brings me to the point that the whole "raw" related to the chassis design is a semi-true not so true statement. Drive one of the older Shelby's and those cars are very raw. They feel as fast as they sound and pull. The S550 struggles with that. It lacks a lot character in the "big balls on the dash" department when it comes to driver feedback.

I remember when the GT500 came out and people said it felt too refined compared to the terminator. Watch, when the next gen platform comes out the S550 is going to be "that old school, raw kick back" we're all talking about.

On a side note, a 11-12 GT500 was my backup plan if the S550 didn't work out. I wanted to learn coyotes though.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Mmmm hard to choose in this day and age. Depends on what you want if DD i'd get an S550 auto and throw some boost at it. If my car were to get totaled today i'd probably go terminator if I was given those two choices just being how the prices have dropped on them.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I'd say find a clean terminator with a decent blower on it already OR a premium S550 with a blower already. People are already trying to unload their boosted 15-17 GTs to be the first on the block with an 18. You might get it be for a great price, but I think the big blower terminator will be considerably cheaper. If I were in your position I'd pick the terminator but it would have to be SB, MC or CO with a whipple.

People may say the new cars aren't raw, or disconnect the driver but there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a comfortable ride to be able to cruise around with, no squeaks or suspension noises is nice. Try to be cool with a boosted S550 launching it hard and will regret it fast. The car whips around just like any mustang before it in the first couple gears. and this is based on my small blower, 93 oct, auto S550. A performance pack with a 3.73 gear and a whipple must be absolutely savage in 1st gear, even worst on E85.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread