Deep dish Fr500's on 02 mineral grey GT

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Sorry i dont have pics of the 18x9's in the front. i just got the car last week and bought the rims as well. i was looking for tires locally and had the rear tires installed. im gettin the front tires this week. ill start a new thread of my car prolly saturday or so and put a bunch of pics up so you can see the full effect. I can never find any mineral grey gt pics with hypercoated fr500 deep dish. I was worried how it would look. i think it looks great. Also, there is h &r sport springs on (not super sport). i want the car a little lower. Should i cut a half coil or just remove the upper iso's or both?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
thanks man. like i said, i was really nervous about how they would look in person. not to many pics of mineral grey out there with these rims

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Hypercoated Fr500's look good on just about any color. I wouldnt cut the springs if I were you. I'd say just take some ISO's out. You'll be able to hear them hitting, but its better than bouncing around :lol1:

MineralStang

Established Member
Looks great! I can't wait to see the full pics to see how it looks overall. I was trying to get the Hypercoated FR500's early last year, but I waited on back order for months and months. I gave up and just got the silver finish on mine. I'd like to see how the hypercoated ones would have looked. Thanks for sharing!

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Hypercoated Fr500's look good on just about any color. I wouldnt cut the springs if I were you. I'd say just take some ISO's out. You'll be able to hear them hitting, but its better than bouncing around :lol1:

If i cut the springs, it will cause them to lose their firmness? i dont want that to happen
looks really good...cant wait to see the whole car with them

Thanks, ill shoot you a pm when i put the pics up dude

Looks great! I can't wait to see the full pics to see how it looks overall. I was trying to get the Hypercoated FR500's early last year, but I waited on back order for months and months. I gave up and just got the silver finish on mine. I'd like to see how the hypercoated ones would have looked. Thanks for sharing!

I live 5 minutes from american muscle.com the guy thought they were out of them when i went to get them and then found some on another pallet. i got lucky lol. im sure the silver looks just as nice man. also, should i get 265 up front or the 275 tires. im leaning more toward the 265

Last edited:

svtboosting

Established Member
I cut lowering spring all the time, just not to much, some springs come with papers saying to cut half a round off til the ride height you want so idk, heres a pic of mine.......
SSPX0454.jpg

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Cut them and leave the isos in. You arent gonna get the drop you're looking for out of just isos unless you take out top and bottom but my car has H&R super sports with no isos and I still want to cut about half a coil off of them.

kingcobra10

SVT God... Snarf
Established Member

please make your scion look like it does in the sig!

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
please make your scion look like it does in the sig!

Hahaha I would if I had the money! I just want to get rid of it and get a SN95 Cobra in the Spring:dancenana:

Oh and I think it just depends on the car when you cut the springs. I'm used to seeing so many Honda guys at school bounce around with their cut springs. It's different for Mustangs because of their weight I think..

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Looks good! The hypercoats work well with MG

I'll be watching around for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread