deep sea fishing in florida

Travis

Established Member
im not talking about the black and silver shaft/handle thing... im talking about the purple headed yogurt slinger looking thing? Looks alot like a ****...

If he caught it from deep water it could be the swim bladder.

I brought a grouper up from 600ft and it looked like it was trying to puke out a basketball.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's one thing I've never done. Looks like you had a blast. Nice catches, too!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
If he caught it from deep water it could be the swim bladder.

I brought a grouper up from 600ft and it looked like it was trying to puke out a basketball.

yep, that's my understanding. once we got above 100ft, we have to puncture the swim bladder so the fish can make it back down.

lxboy

Established Member
looks like fun! Thanks for sharing the pics.

That is a $$$ boat. It always amazes me how much those big center consoles cost as nice as they are, your talking 200,000 for a boat with no where to sleep or sit down confortably

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
nice, Actually would have thought a 30+ footer would have trips though.

Where out of florida? Thats a good bit of miles to only get to those depths.

how was the weather.

Bean Bags are you friends on these boats.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Awesome, love me some deep sea fishing. When we lived in Madeira Beach we would go out overnight a 100+ miles out on one of my Dad's friend 45' Jersey and bring back any where from a 1000-1500lbs. We got to keep 2 fish each, and the rest was sold to the fish mongers to pay for the fuel, we called them meat trips. My frigging arms would be burning bring those big suckers up for hrs on end. Haven't done it in years, and I miss it.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
nice, Actually would have thought a 30+ footer would have trips though.

Where out of florida? Thats a good bit of miles to only get to those depths.

how was the weather.

Bean Bags are you friends on these boats.

just out of siesta key in sarasota. surprising, but yes in that area you have to go out far to get to that depth. weather was awesome. 2-3 foot waves both days and sunny once we got offshore. burned between 300-400 gallons of gas in two days :eek:

ademily87

Established Member
Holy crap that's a lot of fish!! I've gone out 2 times this year already. We take a 23' sea fox about 70 miles out into the gulf stream from charleston SC.

Haven't had nearly the luck you guys have had though! That's awesome. Send some up this way!! :beer:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea man I'm just playing.. I believe you are right. I haven't been at work for about 5 days so I think you are good though.. BTW I'm the one the deals with all that enclosed area's and monitoring ;-)

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Looks like a blast!

We used to go out on my buddy's Grady White before he moved back up here, but we never brought that back in! :eek:

Very successful trip! Congrats :beer:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Yea man I'm just playing.. I believe you are right. I haven't been at work for about 5 days so I think you are good though.. BTW I'm the one the deals with all that enclosed area's and monitoring ;-)

i just texted my buddy telling him he's going to get turned in. lol. he's panicking.:lol: he's gone full-blown nuts in the past two years, getting into fishing. started with his 23 footer, fishing mainly in the bay, some 5-10 mile trips out, nothing deeper than 40-50 feet.

then, he bought a condo on siesta key, bought the bigger boat, and has gone bonkers with reading up on fishing, getting rods/gear/lures/etc. hell, we're not even allowed to go to strip clubs the night before a fishing trip, because he doesn't want anyone getting sick on the boat and having to come back in.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Very nice. I need to get back into deep sea fishing again. Hell, I live on the coast and it's been at least a decade since I've been.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Wow! Those gps screens are huge!

apparently electronics don't always come standard on boats like these--owners usually like to customize them to their specs. the screens are 15" if i recall. amazing, you can actually tell (pretty accurately) what type of fish are on the bottom by looking at the fish finder. i had no idea how protective these guys are about their 'spots' that they find. my buddy bought a radar spefically so he could 'ping' people that we see on the radar screen and get the coordinates of their specific location.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
i just texted my buddy telling him he's going to get turned in. lol. he's panicking.:lol: he's gone full-blown nuts in the past two years, getting into fishing. started with his 23 footer, fishing mainly in the bay, some 5-10 mile trips out, nothing deeper than 40-50 feet.

then, he bought a condo on siesta key, bought the bigger boat, and has gone bonkers with reading up on fishing, getting rods/gear/lures/etc. hell, we're not even allowed to go to strip clubs the night before a fishing trip, because he doesn't want anyone getting sick on the boat and having to come back in.

LOL no no man you're good!! hahaha. :beer:

CGCobra

Established Member

Really .. I didnt know you could see the closed areas on SVTP's site :D

Users who are viewing this thread