Deer Season 2012 (Harvest/GameCam Photos)

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Archived

Attachments

• PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 27
  • PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 24
  • PICT0022.jpg
    PICT0022.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Florida deer lol. My buddy has been feeding this one for awhile:

21916_552597454757717_711823051_n.jpg

In WI, those feeders are prohibited by the DNR but damn they must be nice. Being able to train the deer to come in during the day must be awesome. I watched some hunting shows where the deer have figured out roughly what time the feeder kicks on. They'll litteraly come in around 15mins before and just stand around waiting for the feeder to kick on.

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
Cool pictures, OP! My mother has a few cameras on her property up in TN that gets some great pictures of game there.

Jsko

Established Member
I went out to Wyoming 2 weeks ago, and got a nice 10 pointer. Heading to our camp in the Catskills (NY) tonight to get ready for opening day.

nDFZm.jpg

BlkY2k

Established Member
In WI, those feeders are prohibited by the DNR but damn they must be nice. Being able to train the deer to come in during the day must be awesome. I watched some hunting shows where the deer have figured out roughly what time the feeder kicks on. They'll litteraly come in around 15mins before and just stand around waiting for the feeder to kick on.

We had a couple of corn feeders here in Michigan for a couple of years and it was like ringing a dinner bell when they came on. Deer, turkeys, squirrels, partridge you name it, they came running.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
unfortunately the picture didn't get everything but you get the idea. i'm looking for this deer!

IMG_4145.jpg

Cobra03Mach1

Established Member
Missouri 2012. I'm still holding off for a buck but might have to just put a doe down tomorrow.
Monday night produced this buck for my friend
yzyvuvun.jpg

Tuesday morning produced these 3 does for us. I shot the first one @225yds and the second one @125yds.
hase7yvy.jpg

ju6azega.jpg

BearsFTW18

Established Member
hell yeah for deer season!

my family has 200 acres in kentucky in the middle of no where(about 40 miles from paducah) and last weekend was opening weekend for rifle. hunted saturday-monday. I saw 7. I didn't take any. We practice deer management on our place. So no one is allowed to take any bucks who racks do not go past their ears. I saw a 4 point with a real good body and his rack was already at his ears. He was still young, he'll be real nice in another couple years. I think quality deer management is something that should be practiced more often.

My uncle also owns his own place down there and he's an outfitter. One of his guys made a 630yard shot. I couldn't believe it. With the wind. the wind was INSANE on opening weekend. constant 20-25mph winds every day with gusts of 35-40mph.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
My brother just killed this yesterday... Only a 6 point by very nice...
tarary4a.jpg

Nice 8 from last year...
ubegymep.jpg

And this was his monster from last year..10 pointer, but one horn was broke off...
9uqa5ugu.jpg

awesome deer. Even that 6 point is still one to be proud of. I've been hunting 8 years and I still have not gotten my first buck. There's plenty I could have taken, but as I said, I try and practice deer management, so I'd like my first buck to be one of those "once in a lifetime" kind of bucks.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
one of my goals is to go whitetail hunting in Pike County IL. The deer down there are RIDICULOUS. take a look at some pics.

bright blue

Established Member
Hit the woods on Oct. 13, and it wasn't long after daylight and I had activity. A smaller 4 point walked by me right around 7:30, with him was a yearling doe. The 4 point stayed around for a moment, and the yearling went on. After about 15 minutes of watching the young buck browsing, he walked on away from me. A few minutes later, I heard another animal coming my way. I got my bow, and I could see antlers through the tree leaves. As it got closer, I could see 8 points, but couldn't tell how wide he was. I could see that he had good mass, and finally he looked my direction with his ears forward, and I saw that he was wider than his ears. At that point I decided that if he gave me a shot, I would take it. As luck would have it, he walked behind a tree and I drew, he stepped forward and gave me a perfect 20 yard broadside shot. I touched the release and the arrow was on it's way. I heard it hit the deer and saw that I hit above the heart, but easily a double lung shot. I watched him run for about 15 yards then stop and stand for a few seconds before walking off. I gave him 30 mins (in which time the little 4 pointer had returned and was walking around) and then climbed down. I walked to where he was standing when I shot and didn't find anything, not my arrow, not blood or anything. So I eased down to where I saw him standing, and found my arrow, drenched in bright red blood. I looked for about 2 minutes without moving, just looking around on the ground and then decided to back out and get help. I went home and got my 6 year old son (who is just not quite ready to deer hunt, hopefully next year though.) and my dad to help me track him. We got to where the arrow was, picked it up and then started walking slowly the direction I saw him walking. After about 30 yards we crested the hill and looked down and saw him laying there! He had only went about 50 yards all together. Got my biggest buck with a bow, and got to share it with my son and my dad. Absolutely a great day in the woods.

img0155pi.jpg

img0157thm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread