Deleware Prison Hostage Situation

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I spent 10 years as a co and it was the roughest job i ever had. Before i left last year i got snatched into a van by an inmate and had to fight for my life before they could get me drug out. I can only imagine what these people are going through right now.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I spent 10 years as a co and it was the roughest job i ever had. Before i left last year i got snatched into a van by an inmate and had to fight for my life before they could get me drug out. I can only imagine what these people are going through right now.

I can't imagine the courage it takes to walk through a building full of people who want you dead.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
that is one job i would never do. you either have to have balls of steel or a head full of concrete to do that job.

mdever12

Established Member

Glad everything turned out okay with that (at least is seems).

I read that the prison contains low, medium and high level inmates. I understand that everyone did something to be put in prison, but I do feel bad for some of those low level inmates who commited non-violent crimes, that had nothing to do, nor wanted this to occur. (I'm sure there are some).

Obviously, thoughts are with the guards and their families.

o2gt

Established Member
I just watched a documentary on a prison that was taken over in 1993. very interesting to watch crazy stuff for sure. Hope they all make it out.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
A good friend of mine worked at Sing Sing maximum security prison in Ossining NY state. This prison had some of the most hardened messed up criminals around coming from the boroughs of NY. Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. He was not very big and would get in fights with these inmates and get tossed around. Finally at 45 he had to go out on permanent disability and retire because his shoulder was so screwed up. I was surprised he made it that long. That is no easy job.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
at least the state guards make a decent wage. the private prison guards are way underpaid from what ive heard.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Glad everything turned out okay with that (at least is seems).

I read that the prison contains low, medium and high level inmates. I understand that everyone did something to be put in prison, but I do feel bad for some of those low level inmates who commited non-violent crimes, that had nothing to do, nor wanted this to occur. (I'm sure there are some).

Obviously, thoughts are with the guards and their families.
More than likely they are housed separately and have no contact.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
at least the state guards make a decent wage. the private prison guards are way underpaid from what ive heard.
I used to work at a state facility and got paid like crap so it depends on the state. I currently work for the federal Bureau of Prisons so I think we are paid decently for what we do. Also much better retirement which was my main selling point. I have a total of 16 years in corrections with almost 12 of those being federal. Good times.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Smyrna is a maximum security prison. Just sayin'.....

Yes I pass thru Smyrna quite often traveling back and forth from NJ to my property in Lewes Delaware. I have owned properties in Delaware since 2006 and never knew it was there until today. I guess that is a good thing.

mustanginky

Established Member
Walking a yard is incredibly tough when youre a CO. I am a former Lieutenant for the KY DOC and loved it. You definitely have to have the personality for it.

May God be with the hostages and the teams responsible for getting them out of harms way.

Our DOC just went through a hostage situation which resulted in the inmate being shot to death.

_Snake_

Established Member
Yes I pass thru Smyrna quite often traveling back and forth from NJ to my property in Lewes Delaware. I have owned properties in Delaware since 2006 and never knew it was there until today. I guess that is a good thing.

Definitely. I grew up outside of Newark and moved back to DE in 2004 to work out of Lewes. You could see the prison from one of the houses I looked at. Needless to say it was a show stopper, even for a newly separated Marine with 2 Rottweilers.

Users who are viewing this thread