Delivery tomorrow!

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
Ordered on 6/21 and it arrived late Friday night, 8 weeks to the day. I went by yesterday and looked at it. They still had not started the pre delivery stuff but the shop guys gave me the keys and let me have at it for a while. It was still wrapped up and a little dirty. One minor concern is it already had 7 miles on it. Reason?

Needless to say, I'm a little pumped.

verbal

Established Member
One minor concern is it already had 7 miles on it. Reason?

That is normal. Any new car is going to have some mileage on it from the quality checks they do at the factory. My GT500 had 8 miles. The Civic I just bought had 8 as well.

03reptile

Established Member
The majority of our new cars have from 4 to 15 miles on them when they arrive. Chalk it up to transporting cars from delivery point to delivery point etc. Its normal and nothing to be concerned about. Some cars are randomly test driven by the factory and have around 15 to 20 miles. There is a sticker on the car indicating its been factory road tested. The car has a fail safe feature preventing full boost until a certain number of starts or miles (can't remember the figures) so you should be fine. One thing you do need to check is the brake fluid reservoir level. Many 2013's (and possibly 14's) came with overfilled reservoirs and fluid belched out the top onto the painted surface below, causing paint damage. (mine included). If it's over-filled, get a CLEAN turkey baster type suction bulb and remove enough fluid to bring it to the full mark on the side of the reservoir. Problem solved. Congrats on owning a car that constantly puts a smile on your face every time you turn the key!!

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
Silver, no stripes, PP, Electronic Package, Recaros
image-1.jpg

Last edited:

hockeylover86

Established Member
Ordered on 6/21 and it arrived late Friday night, 8 weeks to the day. I went by yesterday and looked at it. They still had not started the pre delivery stuff but the shop guys gave me the keys and let me have at it for a while. It was still wrapped up and a little dirty. One minor concern is it already had 7 miles on it. Reason?

Needless to say, I'm a little pumped.

You ordered the same day I did, my dealer said as of Friday we have a VIN and are scheduled, but he didn't have a build date. Not sure exactly why but its getting closer....

Cman01

hello
Established Member
To get full boost after delivery you need to drive 5 miles continously without shutting off the car or do 50 starts.

Don't even bother with option 2 go option 1 and have at it..............enjoy the car and be safe!!!!

ponygirl06

Established Member
Congratulations. I'm glad they let you have some fun and drive it yesterday. The wait for Monday would seem extra long if you were only able to look at the car and didn't have some fun playing with it.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
Congratulations. I'm glad they let you have some fun and drive it yesterday. The wait for Monday would seem extra long if you were only able to look at the car and didn't have some fun playing with it.

Yeah... I didn't get to drive, just pilfer all through it. I hate it but about 13 hours from now, all better.

Users who are viewing this thread