Demon 170 In The Wild.....

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thing moves out! This would absolutely destroy the previous Demon. Things no joke! Skip to 21:50 to see it on the hiway. Imagine when they start modding these Geeeeez.

q6543

Established Member
They posted 1 in my local Woodward group

250K ADM… 380K total.

People are crying how criminal it is but I get it…. These are gonna be million dollar cars in a few years
IMG_1151.png

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
They posted 1 in my local Woodward group

250K ADM… 380K total.

People are crying how criminal it is but I get it…. These are gonna be million dollar cars in a few years
View attachment 1816307
Now that's a dealership that obviously wants the car sold with a "Market Adjusted Price" that could just about buy you two of those cars at retail price. :unsure:

I was at my local Ford Dealership about 2-3 months ago picking up a few OEM Ford Motorcraft parts and noticed a black GT350R w/ red stripes in the showroom. It was actually a used 2016 model with something like 45k-48k miles on it, so a decent amount of miles for a car that for the most part I see no matter the asking price from private sellers have usually a max of 20k miles.

The sticker price was either $85k or $87k. The "dealer adjusted price" added around $15k to it. I was trying to be friendly and chat the salesman up since I was there in my 86' GT which was parked right outside the showroom and right outside the salesman's desk. I told him about some of the Mustangs i've owned and the mods i've done. This guy was completely apathetic, totally uninterested in what I had to say, and just didn't seem to care. I even told him i've been looking for a 16'-20' GT350/R and you would think he would go into salesman mode and at least make an attempt to try and sell me the car, but he seemed to be more interested in his phone. I wasn't joking about looking for a GT350/R to buy either. Honestly I would've never bought that car with that mark up, and especially with those kinds of miles considering the miles that car had for that asking price.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I just realized that blue Challenger Demon has a Darcars Silver Spring label on the sticker. I don't know how many Silver Springs there are in the U.S., but this county is considered pretty wealthy and they do stuff like that thinking they can get away with it.

Anyways, I bought my brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee from Darcars Jeep/Chrysler of Rockville (which is 15-20 min. from Silver Spring, if that far away), pretty much loaded, and decided to get the one on the lot since I wanted a HEMI and the tow package to use in the future. This was a WK model and was a 2007 bought near the end of 2007, so they were clearing lots, trying to make room for 2008 models. I wanted a Jeep Green color, 5.7L HEMI, and those were really the only things the vehicle had to have. The one they had there had all the optional electronic stuff like the sunroof, sound system, auto every type of feature, leather of course with memory seats, and whatever else I don't remember since I sold it quite a while ago.

Anyways Darcars asked if I could come back because they made a mistake on the pricing, I figured they charged too much and needed to adjust the monthly pricing on the financing. I think the MSRP on the Jeep was $42k, but since it was on their lot and they were trying to get rid of that years models, they marked it down to around low $34k. When I got there, they tried to tell me they made a mistake like they told me over the phone, but the price was actually $39k and some change. I told them this is ridiculous, we already made an agreement on the price, so I tossed them the keys to the Jeep and said fine, you can have it back and walked away. They seemed to panic and were like, "Sir, sir, i'm sorry, the original price we agreed to is perfectly fine." Then they apologized for the inconvenience. This whole situation pissed me off since they called trying to squeeze more money in the first place and if I didn't threaten to just walk and pay whatever extra they wanted, I would've been a sucker and given them money for no reason.

I ended up getting another Grand Cherokee years later, a WK2, 2011-2020 model, but I bought it from a dealership in VA, along with my WRX I bought new in VA as well as my 2012 5.0, also my Mom purchased her Subaru Outback from the same dealership I bought my WRX from a few years ago. Never had an issue with any of these dealerships in VA. I remember in 2013 when I bought my WRX they were hard to find, and the only option was to buy a new one since used GR models (2011-2014) sold for $24k/$25k w/ around 30k miles and my car brand new was $27k, minus destination, taxes, and whatever fees. I did have to wait 3-4 months as it was being built and they gave me a link to a track the progress of the build and date of when it was on it's way to the Port of Baltimore. Once the car arrived at the dealership, they were no extra random fees. I paid exactly what I was told the car would cost from day 1.

Users who are viewing this thread