Densecharger vs C&L dyno results

BOOOOST

Established Member
This is WHY you do NOT want to change out your factory MAF on these cars unless it is ABSOLUTELY needed! The C&L meter is one of the WORST meters on the market when it comes to proper and correct metering. His whole issue with that dynograph just proves how bad of a system that meter really is!

If you must change out your meter (KB owners will peg it), you will need a true calibrated unit such as the Pro-M meter. The C&L will not cut it on these cars, nor on the Lightnings, and normally doesn't cut it on any car. C&L meters are JUNK plain and simple, regardless of how nice someone thinks their casting is.

bunk22

Established Member
Originally posted by BNASPLT
C&L meters are JUNK plain and simple, regardless of how nice someone thinks their casting is.

I'll disagree with you on this point. You cannot possibly speak for all cars using a C&L. I happend to use a C&L (73 & 76) with great results on my supercharged 1995 Mustang GTS. Never had an issue with it on the car. Perhaps a 77 or 80mm Pro-M may have made more power/tq but my car had no problems with it so I wasn't willing to spend more money on another meter.

93cobra03

Established Member
I MUST TAKE POINT W/ YOU BASHING THE C&L. THE NEW SYSTEMS DO NOT FAKE OUT THE FACTORY SETTINGS AS MANY PRO M DEALERS WOULD HAVE Y0U THINK. THE NEW METERS SIMPLY CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE METER HOUSING AND YOU RE-USE THE FACTORY ELECTRONICS, NO TUBE ANYMORE. THE FACTORY ELECTRONICS CONTAIN THE METER ON A DROP DOWN STICK. WHAT MAXES THE METER OUT IS THE RESTRICTION OVER 15LBS OF BOOST. PUTTING A LARGER METER ALOWS THE FACTORY ELECTRONICS TO GET BACK INTO RANGE AND ALLOW YOU TO TUNE THE CAR BETTER. THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN GET A BAD ONE THEY ARE JUST A ALU. TUBE.

BOOOOST

Established Member
03COBRA93, I didn't say the Cobra system has a metering tube, but their systems for the other cars do. Regardless, the Cobra/Lightning C&L meter STILL screws with the stock electronics how the air is ramped onto the sensor. The pcm then sees an abnormal pattern and attempts to alter the fuel and timing for seen conditions.

This whole C&L "package" is a poor way of attempting to give credit to so called "additional" airflow, when that is NOT the case, especially when these newer Ford 90mm flow just as much air as the C&L. That C&L 95 does nothing to improve airflow through the motor.

C&L's website states:

Independent dyno testing on five different '03 model Cobra Mustangs has show a typical gain of 23 rear wheel horsepower on an otherwise stock vehicle. The package includes an all-new 95mm MAF housing, K&N air filter assembly and an '03 Cobra specific plastic heat shield that holds the assembly in place and draws the cold air in from the fender.

Well, let's see, this power gain is nearly EXACTLY what any good aftermarket CAI kit does. Now you justify spending $400 on this junk system, or $150 on a real CAI!

Last edited:

Blades

Established Member
Anyone want my densecharger? Just pm me 20 bucks and shipping and i'll be happy to send it off.

Users who are viewing this thread