DESTROYED a Porsche Turbo S on the highway

Blurred Vision

Established Member
So I'm driving through LA last Sunday (405 North just south of Sunset) doing about 70 in light traffic #3 lane-top back...I see a brand new black Turbo S convertible come flying up the slow (onramp) lane and I decide to get a piece...Caught up with him on his left and it was understood what had to happen. First off let me say that the Porsche was a fast car...I had maybe a car length on him until he got stuck in some traffic, I beat the pack and cruised at 60-65 about a 1/4 mile ahead of the cars he was stuck in, watching him in my rearview. I saw him clear the cars and come for me. I waited for him, watching him flying up on me in my rearview. I waited until he was just behind me and opened it up...his car was barely 1/2 length in front of me as my supercharger pushed my car past his so fast I couldn't believe it. I blew his %&!*ing doors off, pushed it to about 120, and hit the brakes...After I slowed into the next grouping of traffic, he drove past me, and although he didn't turn his head to look at me, the hot blonde in his car sure did =) I have a feeling that he could have taken me off the line, but on the open highway, THE SNAKE IS KING!!!
2003 Cobra Convertible (white)-Mods; Diablosport Tune, pulley, Steeda intake, B&M shifter, 18x9-18x10 Saleen wheels, Sub-frame connectors, Steeda 3-point tower brace

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Great kill! What do those Porsches put out and how much do they weigh? (I often ask this question of women too)

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Excellent kill...

I've raced my good friends 911/996 Turbo X50, same specs as a Turbo S, and put bus lengths on him to 160+. I am a bit more modded, though. I also had the chance to drive it. Its a civilized, quick car. I'd probably trade him straight up, lol.

If Craig/996TTx50 reads this...don't go pickin' on me if you see me on the 101 :burnout:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sweet kill. Stock, those new turbo 911s are making 420 hp, 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. Your Cobra must be a beast!

djtyau

Established Member
How in the heck do you race up to 120mph on the 405? I take that freeway everyday to Sunset and there is traffic all the time.

Trademark

Established Member
type911 said:
What do you have for mods in that beast?
This is at the bottom of his post.

"2003 Cobra Convertible (white)-Mods; Diablosport Tune, pulley, Steeda intake, B&M shifter, 18x9-18x10 Saleen wheels, Sub-frame connectors, Steeda 3-point tower brace"

:lol1:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
05 911 Turbo making 420 hp, 4.1 seconds 0-60 with a top speed of 195mph. I'm gonna need to see some mods on the Cobra to be " blowing his doors off". Don't make me call BS. :bored: Anyone else smelling somthing here?

Blurred Vision

Established Member
In response to everyone who asked for what mods i'm running, check the post again... not too much yet, but enough... And like I said...he'd have probably had me from the line, It's a light car...but at highway speeds, that supercharger kills it....I waited until he caught up to me, punched it (4th to 5th) and still got him...even I was surprised. To the dude talking about traffic, read the post again...it was a Sunday...

djtyau

Established Member
No worries man, I am just saying Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc. it doesn't matter there is always traffic on the 405.

996TTx50

Established Member
BV,

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and congratulate you on a nice kill. However, based upon the mods you have listed, and given that a 996TT S has 455 HP, does a ¼ mile in 11.9, and excels on the highway, the outcome you described is not what I would have expected. If you ever want to race another 996TT, let me know (I also am in So Cal).

Mr. Mach-ete said:
Sweet kill. Stock, those new turbo 911s are making 420 hp, 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. Your Cobra must be a beast!
The S model has an additional 35 hp and does 0-60 is a tad under 4 seconds.

SoCalSnake said:
If Craig/996TTx50 reads this...don't go pickin' on me if you see me on the 101 :burnout:
Lol!!! I only pick on those that pick on me first. :-D

996TTx50

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread