detonation=burning smell?

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
That would make sense right? Would the belt slip cause it the belt to get hot and smell like its burning? Again a dumb question for my own knowledge. If it is happening at 10+ lbs, I guess belt slip does make sense...

DEVOURER

WFO
Established Member
PearlBlue L said:
thinking now it might be a clogged cat. i have bassani high flow cats and my tune all summer was pretty rich when i had my ported eaton and i didnt have the money to get a new tune.

heres the dyno vid of my a/f, very rich so im thinking it may of clogged it over the past 5 months.

http://www.stangsource.com/host/download.cgi?id=1053

i thought it was your cats until you posted the loss of power. maybe the heat buildup killed the power?

DEVOURER

WFO
Established Member
have u recently changed the tune? you know how you're supposed to have all electrical stuff shut off? my truck fell flat after installing a tune while my radar detector was on. i'd reinstall your tune just for the hell of it.preferably in a remote location. even if your problem is solved it cant hurt!

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
DEVOURER said:
have u recently changed the tune? you know how you're supposed to have all electrical stuff shut off? my truck fell flat after installing a tune while my radar detector was on. i'd reinstall your tune just for the hell of it.preferably in a remote location. even if your problem is solved it cant hurt!
ill put it back in just for shits then... never had the radio on or the detector on.

DEVOURER

WFO
Established Member
PearlBlue L said:
ill put it back in just for shits then... never had the radio on or the detector on.
it just makes me wonder if any other electrics in the vicinity can screw with the tune? :shrug: good luck with it. hopefully the mogwai stays outta there!

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
the truck is now stranded in my apartment parking lot. it starts up for a second and shuts back off. i disconnected the battrery to reset the computer, reuploaded my down to the truck and tried to start it again and nothing but the start up then shut off. i tap the pedal for teh 1 second its running and nothing happens, no rpm rev, nothing at all. got a code and read it with the predator. something along the lines of #2 fuel circuit high... something along those lines. so after makeing a few phone calls and talking to a few people im thinking maybe my problems from the track and the other day on the highway and now today is all from a clogged fuel filter. now its so clogged that its not letting enough fuel get through to even start. i got the truck when it had about 17,000 miles on it and dont know if the first owner ever changed it or not. now the truck has about 51,000 miles on it and i have never changed it since 17,000.... so it hopefully makes sense and is the problem im having. problem is now i gotta get the truck from the apartment parking lot to my house which is about 30 minutes away so i can work on it in the garage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread