Detroit Autoshow GT500 pics and some official info *56k die*

SlowSVT

Established Member
tripsober said:
This car has a bigger engine which is why it weighs alittle more everyone keeps complaining about the weight, if it weighs to much for you then don't buy or buy one and do something about it.

The difference in weight between a 4.6 Cobra mill and the GT500 5.4 mill will not account for the extra 250 lbs. the GT500 carries. Since the 5.4 is nothing more then a stroked 4.6 with a higher deck height I would not be surprised if the difference between both engines was no more then 30 lbs.

Thats one gergious ShelbyGT500,have one on order but undecided on the color combination yet. I have a 2003 Red-Fire S281Cobra#97 presently,and undecided if I'm going to keep it or not. Help me out what you think? White/Blue stripes,Blue/White stripe,Red-Fire-White stripe.or Yellow/White/stripe,opr Silver/white Stripe,please help me out. White/Blue is shelby colors,and kinda leaning there,what you think.
Randy;

mrGT

Established Member
Randy,

I'm having the same problem. I started out liking the red w/white, but the more I look at the white w/blue, the more I like it. I don't like the "all black" interior that goes with it, so,i if I got white w/blue, I'm checking out replacing the seat covers and door panels so as to have either grey or blue inserts.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
generalchaos said:
Also LR 01 Cobra thats a lot of info, only thing I can say is the little computer monitor thing by it (that really had no info on it) said it was using the tremec t-56 trans, but you list the 6060 (unless they are the same thing)

Cant wait till these are out so we know for sure.

Yes it's a beefed up T-56

Tim

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
Aluminum forged head! Dude I'm all over that :coolman:

gonein60

That rumor mill is shifting into overdrive on this one.

It's very doubtful that the stock GT500 engine will make 550-575 rwhp regardless of the tune (that's about 630 fwhp). The GT500 engine is basically a larger version of the Cobra engine. My understanding is a box stock 4.6 Cobra engine with an agressive tune will make about 40 more hp which puts it at about 400-420 rwhp. Where is that 150-175 hp comming from?

Making a claims that a GT500 will "plow through" a 06 Z06 is pure fantacy. The GT has a boatload more pork on the chassis, the aerodynamics of a brick and probably less hp. The GT is going to be a fun car but not that fun.

What's with this new curb weight of 3920? Your kidding me right :nonono:

well lets add this to the rumor mill - with a pulley, tune, and full exhaust the new gt500 should easily reach 550+ rear wheel horsepower. 550 wheel power is about 645+ crank horsepower assuming 15% drivetrain loss.

now for the comparison to the stock c6 z06.

3900/~550= 7.09
3150/~450 = 7

power to weight is damn close. yes close enough for it to be a drivers race. :lol:
the problem is that when you add a long tubes and a cam to the z its now producing 550 to the wheels. thats just sick. :pepper: :beer: :banana: :poke: :bash: :pepper:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
more fuel???? :burnout:

comparing stock stated crank horsepower ratings between the 03 svt mustang and the 07 svt mustang.

3600/~390 = 9.2
3900/~475 = 8.2

:burn:

chuckstang

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
more fuel???? :burnout:

comparing stock stated crank horsepower ratings between the 03 svt mustang and the 07 svt mustang.

3600/~390 = 9.2
3900/~475 = 8.2

:burn:

the lower the number the better right?
8.2>9.2
or am I looking at that wrong

mrGT

Established Member
the lower the number the better right?
8.2>9.2
or am I looking at that wrong
You're looking at it right.....the units would be lbs/hp. The fewer pounds per horsepower, the stronger the car.

SlowSVT

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
well lets add this to the rumor mill - with a pulley, tune, and full exhaust the new gt500 should easily reach 550+ rear wheel horsepower. 550 wheel power is about 645+ crank horsepower assuming 15% drivetrain loss.

now for the comparison to the stock c6 z06.

3900/~550= 7.09
3150/~450 = 7

power to weight is damn close. yes close enough for it to be a drivers race. :lol:
the problem is that when you add a long tubes and a cam to the z its now producing 550 to the wheels. thats just sick. :pepper: :beer: :banana: :poke: :bash: :pepper:

ON D BIT

He was talking about a box stock GT500 engine with just a tune. Not a pullied, tuned and full exhaust engine.

I agree, 550 hp with all that stuff is certainly not out of the question. To be fair you would have to allow the vette to be modded and I think the GT500 will always be behind the 8 ball in that regard. Apples to Apples

:beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
ON D BIT

He was talking about a box stock GT500 engine with just a tune. Not a pullied, tuned and full exhaust engine.

I agree, 550 hp with all that stuff is certainly not out of the question. To be fair you would have to allow the vette to be modded and I think the GT500 will always be behind the 8 ball in that regard. Apples to Apples

:beer:

i was not questioning your thoughts or statements. i agree with them. i was fanning the flame so to speak. we both know that the gt500 is not a competitor of the z06.
i was just throwing out the idea of how easy the gt500 could match the z06's great power to weight ratio. and i also noted, as you saw, how easy it has been for the z to pick up another 100 ponies. in the world of apples to apples the biggest bank account always wins. :beer:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
gonein60 said:
I cannot believe the amount of anti-GT500 people on this forum. This is a Shelby GT500 forum, not a pussy Viper, Corvette, Bmw, or Gto forum. Everytime I say something positive about the Shelby some freak responds with Shelby demeaning remarks. :bash: I heard long ago while the car was still be tested that it was putting down 550-575rwhp and had to be de-tuned. There is a good possibility the information about 520rwhp is correct.
Now all you anti-Shelby, jealous/bitter 03-04 Cobra owners,Viper and corvette lovers get OUTTA HERE :cuss: because when you see my tungsten with black stripes Shelby the only thing you're gonna remember is the tailights, cause that's all you're gonna get to see when your buslengths behind me.
Now, I can expect all the anti-shelby, viper and corvette lover freaks to come on with their pathetic anti-Shelby criticism. :whine:

Peace :coolman:
Your a little too ****y for your own good when it comes to this car. I'm not going to say anything b/c you people act like this car is dipped in gold and will be the fastest thing on the road. Quit b/c its making you look stupid and others are getting tired of hearing it. Wait unitl the car is out and see if its 2 ton ass makes "520"rwhp :rollseyes But hey, I'm a man and will admit when I'm wrong. And will do so if it even comes close to those #'s. But its not going to....This shit needs to stop until the car comes out.

BTW...I'm not the least bit jealous about this car. I love my car and I do like the '07. But you guys are dreaming some pretty crazy dreams about this car. Just STFU until it comes out.

Big 8

Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Your a little too ****y for your own good when it comes to this car. I'm not going to say anything b/c you people act like this car is dipped in gold and will be the fastest thing on the road. Quit b/c its making you look stupid and others are getting tired of hearing it. Wait unitl the car is out and see if its 2 ton ass makes "520"rwhp :rollseyes But hey, I'm a man and will admit when I'm wrong. And will do so if it even comes close to those #'s. But its not going to....This shit needs to stop until the car comes out.

BTW...I'm not the least bit jealous about this car. I love my car and I do like the '07. But you guys are dreaming some pretty crazy dreams about this car. Just STFU until it comes out.

I swear I read this post before. Wasnt it from an 01 cobra owner to a soon to be 03 owner? Search some threads if anyone thinks a car was dipped in gold its the 03/04 owners for the last three years!

Ten to one says that the media will be all over this cars two ton ass about how Ford finally fixed the Cobra and how far they have come from the 1979 rebodied fairmont you so proudly love! :poke:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Big 8 said:
I swear I read this post before. Wasnt it from an 01 cobra owner to a soon to be 03 owner? Search some threads if anyone thinks a car was dipped in gold its the 03/04 owners for the last three years!

Ten to one says that the media will be all over this cars two ton ass about how Ford finally fixed the Cobra and how far they have come from the 1979 rebodied fairmont you so proudly love! :poke:

Big 8

I can't say this is the stupidest post I've ever read but it's close. How many parts do you actually believe were carried over from the Fairmont to the Cobra? The divetrain is completely different, the suspension is completely different, the body is completely different, the electrical system, body, interior, steering....nothing. It appears that this fact has escaped you.

If I'm wrong perhaps you could point out the similarities between the two that I might have overlooked. I would love to hear your response.

Your argument is lame. Time to give that Fairmont thing a rest.

satx

Banned
SlowSVT said:
Big 8

I can't say this is the stupidest post I've ever read but it's close. How many parts do you actually believe were carried over from the Fairmont to the Cobra? The divetrain is completely different, the suspension is completely different, the body is completely different, the electrical system, body, interior, steering....nothing. It appears that this fact has escaped you.

If I'm wrong perhaps you could point out the similarities between the two that I might have overlooked. I would love to hear your response.

Your argument is lame. Time to give that Fairmont thing a rest.

nothing but the chassis :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread