Detroit Autoshow GT500 pics and some official info *56k die*

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
generalchaos said:
oh yea, is its curb weight actually 4100 like trx says? werent the 03s 3665?

thats a lot of weight.

the 03 cobra weighed around 3600lbs. we have seen to different weights on the 07 at 3855 and 3920. which one is correct we dont know?

does anyone know if the show gt500 has the optional mach 1000 sound system? i heard that weighs 75# more than the mach 500 system. it would account for the extra weight on the show model.

jshen

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra thats a lot of info

Thanks Tim...good info

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

Like I said all along, a few basic mods and this monster will be 600rwhp. Rumor has it the motor was actually de-tuned because it was putting out power numbers similar to the Ford GT. Ford de-tuned it so the GT owners wouldn't be pissed off and for ins. purposes. Ford said the car was putting out 550-575rwhp before it was de-tuned. Thank God I sold my 99 Cobra pos and saving for this beast.

This car is gonna plow through Vipers, BMW's,Corvette's,etc......... :beer:

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
This car is gonna plow through Vipers, BMW's,Corvette's,etc.........
:lol1:
"Plow through" is exactly what it will do weighing 2 tons. It will beat plenty of cars in a straight line and plow through them. It won't beat many handling/braking..so it won't be "running circles around" them. :)

91svtbird

Established Member
broeli said:
:lol1:
"Plow through" is exactly what it will do weighing 2 tons. It will beat plenty of cars in a straight line and plow through them. It won't beat many handling/braking..so it won't be "running circles around" them. :)
At least not by you because you won't have one! : :bash:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Aluminum forged head! Dude I'm all over that :coolman:

gonein60

That rumor mill is shifting into overdrive on this one.

It's very doubtful that the stock GT500 engine will make 550-575 rwhp regardless of the tune (that's about 630 fwhp). The GT500 engine is basically a larger version of the Cobra engine. My understanding is a box stock 4.6 Cobra engine with an agressive tune will make about 40 more hp which puts it at about 400-420 rwhp. Where is that 150-175 hp comming from?

Making a claims that a GT500 will "plow through" a 06 Z06 is pure fantacy. The GT has a boatload more pork on the chassis, the aerodynamics of a brick and probably less hp. The GT is going to be a fun car but not that fun.

What's with this new curb weight of 3920? Your kidding me right :nonono:

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

SlowSVT said:

gonein60

It's very doubtful that the stock GT500 engine will make 550-575 rwhp regardless of the tune (that's about 630 fwhp). The GT500 engine is basically a larger version of the Cobra engine. My understanding is a box stock 4.6 Cobra engine with an agressive tune will make about 40 more hp which puts it at about 400-420 rwhp. Where is that 150-175 hp comming from?

Making a claims that a GT500 will "plow through" a 06 Z06 is pure fantacy. The GT has a boatload more pork on the chassis, the aerodynamics of a brick and probably less hp. The GT is going to be a fun car but not that fun.

I cannot believe the amount of anti-GT500 people on this forum. This is a Shelby GT500 forum, not a pussy Viper, Corvette, Bmw, or Gto forum. Everytime I say something positive about the Shelby some freak responds with Shelby demeaning remarks. :bash: I heard long ago while the car was still be tested that it was putting down 550-575rwhp and had to be de-tuned. There is a good possibility the information about 520rwhp is correct.
Now all you anti-Shelby, jealous/bitter 03-04 Cobra owners,Viper and corvette lovers get OUTTA HERE :cuss: because when you see my tungsten with black stripes Shelby the only thing you're gonna remember is the tailights, cause that's all you're gonna get to see when your buslengths behind me.
Now, I can expect all the anti-shelby, viper and corvette lover freaks to come on with their pathetic anti-Shelby criticism. :whine:

Peace :coolman:

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

SlowSVT said:

gonein60

I cannot believe the amount of anti-GT500 people on this forum. This is a Shelby GT500 forum, not a pussy Viper, Corvette, Bmw, or Gto forum. Everytime I say something positive about the Shelby some freak responds with Shelby demeaning remarks. :bash: I heard long ago while the car was still being tested that it was putting down 550-575rwhp and had to be de-tuned. There is a good possibility the information about 520rwhp is correct.
Now all you anti-Shelby, jealous/bitter 03-04 Cobra owners,Viper and corvette lovers get OUTTA HERE :cuss: because when you see my tungsten with black stripes Shelby the only thing you're gonna remember is the tailights, cause that's all you're gonna get to see when your buslengths behind me.
Now, I can expect all the anti-shelby, viper and corvette lover freaks to come on with their pathetic anti-Shelby criticism. :whine:

Peace :coolman:

broeli

Established Member
Two things:
Black stripes aren't even available. So you'll have to pick a different combo....unless you are having them painted on yourself.
Want to place a friendly wager that the GT500 won't hit 520rwhp stock? :)

I'm not "anti-Shelby" either. I like the GT500, but I don't love it...there are too many negatives for me to shell out $45k for one.

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

broeli said:
Two things:
Black stripes aren't even available. So you'll have to pick a different combo....unless you are having them painted on yourself.
Want to place a friendly wager that the GT500 won't hit 520rwhp stock? :)

I'm not "anti-Shelby" either. I like the GT500, but I don't love it...there are too many negatives for me to shell out $45k for one.
Hey broeli, I called Ford performance(formely SVT) and asked the rep if tungsten with black stripes is available and he said yes, so take that to the bank Mr anti-shelby. He said the coupe is going for 40k, not 45k.. I don't mind paying 40k if it is producing 520rwhp stock, that's why I'm not gonna do what most rich freaks will and get ripped off at the dealer when they first appear. I'm gonna wait a little while till the price subsides and see if the owners have any major complaints about the car.
If there is major complaints about the car and it's not producing the desired numbers, then I just might wait and see what other specialty mustangs SVT has or I just might buy an 08 Dodge challenger with 500hp for 35k.

broeli

Established Member
I guess you haven't seen the official Ford media release on colors?? This is the latest and most accurate info you'll get:

EXTERIOR/INTERIOR COLORS
EXTERIOR
Paint/stripe colors Torch Red Clearcoat with Performance White or Satin Silver stripes
Alloy Clearcoat Metallic with Satin Silver or Tungsten stripes
Vista Blue Clearcoat with Performance White or Tungsten stripes
Performance White Clearcoat with Vista Blue or Tungsten stripes
Tungsten Grey Clearcoat with Satin Silver stripes
Valencia Yellow Clearcoat with Tungsten stripes
Ebony Clearcoat with Performance White or Tungsten stripes
Convertible top Black cloth
INTERIOR Charcoal Black/Charcoal Black
Charcoal Black/Crimson Red

If you really think the GT500 will make 520rwhp STOCK you are going to be disappointed. If you're confident it will, how about the little wager? My guess is it'll be somewhere in the area of 430rwhp.
I'm sure there will be plenty of people getting them dynoed within a few weeks of them hitting the streets.

chuckstang

Established Member
gonein60 said:
Hey broeli, I called Ford performance(formely SVT) and asked the rep if tungsten with black stripes is available and he said yes, so take that to the bank Mr anti-shelby. He said the coupe is going for 40k, not 45k.. I don't mind paying 40k if it is producing 520rwhp stock, that's why I'm not gonna do what most rich freaks will and get ripped off at the dealer when they first appear. I'm gonna wait a little while till the price subsides and see if the owners have any major complaints about the car.
If there is major complaints about the car and it's not producing the desired numbers, then I just might wait and see what other specialty mustangs SVT has or I just might buy an 08 Dodge challenger with 500hp for 35k.

no offense but you do understand that the new shelby will in no way produce 520rwhp which is totally different then 520 crank horsepower and also the challenger has never been mentioned to have 500 hp ???

SlowSVT

Established Member
gonein60

Since I question your over inflated claims on how much power the GT500 is likely to produce makes me a "jealous/bitter Cobra owner" :uh oh:

No need to get so defensive. Rather then just make personal attacks that does nothing to support your argument why don't you present some tangible evidence on why you think the GT500 will be capable of making 575 rwhp with just a tune?

I nor anyone else "hate" the GT500. That is ridiculous. The GT500 is going to be an awesome performance car but not to the degree you believe it will. I am perfectly happy with my Terminator and have no plans on selling it. If I think it would be worth selling it and buying a GT500 all I would have to do is go buy one and Ford Motor Company would be more then happy to put one in my garage. To me the fact that my Cobra as well as the GT500 could never compete with a Z06 is irrelevant. At these performance levels I could care less if brand X car has 100 more hp then brand Y car. They are just fun to drive and that's all that matters.

Last edited:

DomesticAbuse

Established Member
This car has a bigger engine which is why it weighs alittle more everyone keeps complaining about the weight, if it weighs to much for you then don't buy or buy one and do something about it.

mrGT

Established Member
On a different subject.....Does anyone else think that this car would much better if the mirrors were painted white to match the car? I think it would enhance the looks myself.

Users who are viewing this thread