Development Twister Special up for Auction

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Place your bids on this unique Mustang.

Any takers?

"This is the only “Twister Special” test vehicle Ford ever made, it was developed to test out and showcase the rare Twister Special option package for the 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 that was only available in the Kansas City sales district."

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I still love the '69 and ' 70 Mustangs. The 351C Twister Specials go for $80K. The 428SCJ versions go for $200K. There are only about 50 known samples left on Earth. This one off prototype? Maybe $300-350K?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It always intrigued me that there were actually two "Twisters" back then. The 1970 Mustang Mach 1 Twister Special, and the 1971 Plymouth/Dodge Duster/Demon Twister. Big difference, power plant wise. Ford gave you the 351-C or the 428 Super Cobra Jet (the original motor chosen for the package). Plymouth/Dodge gave you the slant 6 or the 318 V8 in the Duster Twister.

1971DusterTheQuickest-1of2.jpg

1971DusterTheNewest-2of2.jpg

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
There were also 90 Torino Twister Specials made (only ~30 remain) and 2 Ranchero Twister Specials (only 1 has whereabouts known).
Yep, and both twister special Rancheros were proven to be SCJ cars. I know the guy that has the one known Ranchero. Kind of an odd fella, but knows his shit. Cool story how he found the ranchero too.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
There were also 90 Torino Twister Specials made (only ~30 remain) and 2 Ranchero Twister Specials (only 1 has whereabouts known).
Did you see the vermillion Torino Twister Special on mecum the other day? AWESOME car. If I had been there, they would've had to tell me to get back so they could finish auctioning it. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread