DFW GTG 07/25-27

coleman

Established Member
olchakla, the vid clearly shows that we -- Steve driver, me passenger -- ran both the inside & outside courses. outside to inside to outside...

it was well worth the money. i just wish i had been able to participate/drive :(

now Steve was a little less aggresive than maybe you or i would have been, but it was a blast none the less :beer:

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I missed the details, why could only Steve drive your vehicle? Riding along as a passenger for $200 wasn't worth it. Or was it a few freebies that they took you around in your car for the trill and you had to watch everyone else the rest of the day?

We need to get a few of us to plan a trip to Tulsa and run around the Hallet track. The SCCA group should have something going in Sept or Oct.

coleman

Established Member
no, my car failed tech inspection (small power steering fluid leak) & steve graciously offered to have me as a passenger.

and it would have been only $150 for SVTtexas members :thumbsup:

i'm for any track ... TWS next month (8/23-24) & i'll need more after that! :beer:

i didn't have to pay a dime, had my car inspected by professionals, got to ride along w/ steve, video tape the 2nd session, & leave early before one of the cobras caught on fire :burn:

btw, my vid has been downloaded over 100 times so far!

Last edited:

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I forgot that you had mentioned your car failed tech inspection.

I downloaded your video, all 127 megs worth. Are there any digital pics that will be posted? We need to make a setup like they had installed on that Corvette in the Triple XXX movie with Vin Diesel. Give multiple angle video shots for the next event.

I will be attending the next event they hold. Just need to redo the brake pads soon. Only got about 4000 miles out of the front Hawk Pro Plus street pads. Gee, I wonder why? Maybe the multilple high speed stops.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Anyone interested in making the trip up to Iowa? Only an 11 hour drive, if you go the speed limit.

Iowa Mid-America Motorplex August 2nd and 3rd, 2003. The facility is just a few years old and boasts a 2.23 mile, 15 turn road course. Track time will be available on Saturday and Sunday for various skill levels, from first-timers to seasoned veterans. Track Guys Performance Driving Events, http://www.trackguys.com, will be on-site to offer classroom sessions and in-car instructors upon request. SCOA members who pre-register will be sent tech forms ahead of time, which provide a checklist of areas on your cars that must be approved before being allowed on the track. Collection of completed tech forms and tech inspection will be held Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning at the facility. Mid-America's concession stands will be open for breakfast and lunch both days. To get more information about the facility, point your browser to http://www.midamericamotorplex.com.

Users who are viewing this thread