DFW GTG 07/25-27

lifter213

Established Member
any track times??? Who all ended up going to Ennis??? Is the lunch tomorrow still on??? Who all is going to that???

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_silver_coupe
sorry I missed out. I came down with a nasty cold. I won't be able to make it tomorrow to the gtg

whaaaa whaaaa whaaaa can we get you some frenchcries to go with that whaaburger? :nonono:

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
Well just got home from the track and let me tell you I wont be getting a kenne bell after the damage I did to poor Coleman. Me and Coleman ran about 7 times and he only beat me once lol. The worse thing is I'm stock minus air filter and mufflers. I was trapping 111 mph with a best run of 13.0

coleman

Established Member
:cryying:
<--- someone needs to learn how to drive!
i'm really sort of glad there was only a few there to see my repeated :bash:ings by redaddiction...

i want to race you from a roll & see who wins.

my car seems more powerful after leaving Doug Stanley Ford -- i had them check for exhaust leaks again :rolleyes: ... they found the manifold was properly resting on the coupler.

time for another dyno :thumbsup: before the dreaded exhaust leak fairy pays me another visit.

the car drives completely different ... i could NOT get any traction in first & hence second because of the torque. :cryying:

i ran numerous times against redaddiction & only beat him the first time. sounds like his fan & intercooler MODs helped out, but i *should* have been able to beat him every single time ... oh well, back to auto-X & open track racing -- which was a blast!

my best 60' was 2.2+ :xpl:
my best mph was 115 :bash:

could my clutch be so good that my tires now just spin?
... i need excuses here people :lol:

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
Coleman if you want to run from a 40 after lunch we can all go out to a little spot I know about. Dont worry one day you will learn to drive hehe and coleman almost got a 3.0 60 ft. lol

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Coleman - with your HP numbers - you should be trapping close to 120. It sounds like your problem may be slow shifting (besides the obvious 2.2 short times...) I would suggest learning to speed shift that dog or a close power shift (let off the gas just a touch during shifts to keep boost dump from occurring). The only other thing I could see if you weren't missing gears or hitting the rev limiter would be shifting way to soon...

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by redaddiction
Well just got home from the track and let me tell you I wont be getting a kenne bell after the damage I did to poor Coleman. Me and Coleman ran about 7 times and he only beat me once lol. The worse thing is I'm stock minus air filter and mufflers. I was trapping 111 mph with a best run of 13.0

Yes, but you have to remember Coleman can't drive.....

:lol:

coleman

Established Member
i ran so many times last night -- which was cool :thumbsup: -- that i probably did everything wrong at least once...
twice i shifted into second from third :kaboom: trapped right @ 100 when i did that...
i'm trying to fight my tendancy to completely let off during shifts.

oh, i lost one of my hood vents during one pass at the top of third :lol1:

now i know what too much HP means ... it'll be very hard to baby the throttle cuz the SC kicks in only under load & then quickly -- almost all or nothing :( if i don't have 500 RWHP, i've got ~250 RWHP w/o boost -- guessing

i think my car should have been pulling harder on the big end, but my trap of 115 is far from what i expected -- 120 at least :(

oh well, i had a blast & ran no less than 10 times with #s ranging from 13.2 to ... :bash:

i was getting better 60' w/ the exhaust leak(s) :lol1:
less power, easier to launch... i need to find a 1/8-mile track to practice my take-offs

coleman

Established Member
SaleenCobra/redaddiction, i really want to try a few rolling starts against you guys to gauge expectations. one (read me) would think that 150 extra RWHP would translate into huge differences, but maybe not... :cryying:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_silver_coupe
lol That would be nice. Was the track not crowded last?

Man whish you could have been here with us today. We had a blast along 360. I got some video and soon as I figure out how to use the software I will post it.

P.S from a 40 punch I coleman beat me by a bumper and I beat him by a bumper. INTERESTING.........:??:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I whooped up on everybody today! :-D Beat SaleenCobra from a stop (due to spin), beat B.O.B.03 from a roll (missed third), beat Coleman from a dig up to about 120 - then he came SCREAMING by me. Beat redaddiction from a dig, clean run. Then beat another DSG 03 that showed up when we were about to leave OTB from a roll, clean run. Overall a GREAT time, that was one awesome place to run! Enjoyed it guys. :beer:

Last edited:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by DD2000GT
I whooped up on everybody today! :-D Beat SaleenCobra from a stop (due to spin), beat B.O.B.03 from a roll (missed third), beat Coleman from a dig up to about 120 - then he came SCREAMING by me. Beat redaddiction from a dig, clean run. Then beat another DSG 03 that showed up when we were about to leave OTB from a roll, clean run. Overall a GREAT time, that was one awesome place to run! Enjoyed it guys. :beer:

He was to afraid to run me from a roll after what I did to coleman. :p

coleman

Established Member
SaleenCobra, you have 40 less HP but 10 more TQ.
At least we're in the same ballpark.
My extra HP was very disappointing :nono:
I was hoping I would walk any near stock cobra... that wasn't the case which helps explain the results from last night.
I never got a good launch, so I had little chance of catching up.

SaleenCobra, PM me if you need help w/ that video :thumbsup:

I posted my 127MB video of TMS run yesterday morning on www.CobraTerminator.com

coleman

Established Member
while we wait for the video ... does anyone have any photos from the GTG? we had a good assortment of '03 cobra colors :thumbsup: bar one ricer stuck in between :xpl:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Did SaleenCobra ever send you the videos?

I don't think anyone took any more pics after the DSG one showed up. I swear, we should have picked that Eclipse up and moved it well away from our cars, it really stunk up the atomosphere! :xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread