Diablosport Predator 91 pulley tune

02gt87

Established Member
I know DynoTuning and checking A/F is the way to go but has anyone done adjustments to the fuel and timing and gotten desirable results? The Terminator in question has 2.8 pulley, offroad H, maganpack exhaust, and ram air intake. Yes I am aware of the risks of going lean but I have not heard one case of a predator canned tune causing a absolute catastrophe.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
Unless you have a wideband I wouldn't start messing with fuel. Is the canned tune for the pulley and you're trying to tweak It? Or is the tune an "upgraded" stock tune and you're trying to make it work for the 2.8 pulley?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

02gt87

Established Member
Unless you have a wideband I wouldn't start messing with fuel. Is the canned tune for the pulley and you're trying to tweak It? Or is the tune an "upgraded" stock tune and you're trying to make it work for the 2.8 pulley?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

The tune I am wanting to "tweak" is diablosport's canned (91 Pulley Tune) which was created for cobras with 2.76/2.81 pulleys. I don't believed it was designed to compensate for intakes, offroad mid pipes and free flowing exhausts that can result in a leaner condition. I had found a thread on here once that mentioned to add fuel in the 2k-4k & 5k-7k ranges but cannot locate it.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
At the very minimum have a wideband to check what's going on. They are so much cheaper than new engines.

ninty9cobra

Established Member
Called Diablo on similar question on my brother 03. Had similar mods minus x-pipe. But had a ported throttle body and ported plenum and was running lean. Found out by accident when changing spark plugs. They recommend adding 2 % fuel all the way across fuel trim. No more then that was recommended. But I opted to get it tune instead afraid of blowing it up like stated by Malcom.

02gt87

Established Member
Called Diablo on similar question on my brother 03. Had similar mods minus x-pipe. But had a ported throttle body and ported plenum and was running lean. Found out by accident when changing spark plugs. They recommend adding 2 % fuel all the way across fuel trim. No more then that was recommended. But I opted to get it tune instead afraid of blowing it up like stated by Malcom.
Did the change correct the lean condition ?I wanted to be safe and went 6% towards rich. Looks like the consensus is either as high as 15% or low as 5% increase towards rich. Just hoping someone who has ran the pulley tune and never ran into issues can chime in !

ninty9cobra

Established Member
I never attempted to add the 2% they recommended. Was afraid of blowing it up. Got it tuned instead. But I can tell you they were very specific on no more then the 2% unless it was done by a professional tuner so they could monitor it.

hotcobra03

Established Member
watching thread..I also have old 1st version prediator..

I'm running performance tune..been this way for 400k..all stock

I just replaced lower pulley with 4lb.

I went to change to pulley tune, drove a few days to find I got many codes..

datalog showed some sensors went off..

I assume there is more to do than just push button..

went back to performance tune..all codes went away...

I did see where to change fuel and timing,

I recall back in 05..reading you can change many things with this tuner.

it was in a car magazine,,

Little black box...part 2 I recall..

I always wanted to find a manual that shows how..

in the truck section..lightening,,

there is a link that shows how to get a/f graph on pc..

I still need to locate an old laptop..
I have a tundra also..with program to get into computer to rewrite..

a lot of work to get setup,

hotcobra03

Established Member
footnote on this tuner..

when plugged in , it gives version #..

there was an update sent out..
if update was done,the tuner lost abilities..

I never did..

I only heard it took away ability to change rear o2s..but like me.

I only have it for codes and turn off shift light..

than when I had 373s,speedometer settings..

02gt87

Established Member
Yes the programmer being used has not been updated so it still retains the o2 sensors turn off feature.

Users who are viewing this thread