Diablosport Predator - 98 Cobra

1998BlueSVT

Snake Bitten
Established Member
Ok im about to order my tuner but im a little curious if i can fix my speedo with it... it says it can but i thought only the actual gears can fix it.... if im wrong thats great and my order will be well worth it... if not kinda bummed but o well

crazycarlo

Established Member
tuner only corrects gears on 99 and up cars you need to either order another speedo gear or like most people do and oeder a dallas mustang speedcal.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
speedcal is better as most people say teh speedo gear tends to get destroyed because the teeth do not mesh perfectly

crazycarlo

Established Member
I dont have any dyno sheets of before and after but my car put down 297/293 with exhaust a canned diablo tune, JLT RAI and underdrive pullies. You will notice a big difference in throttle response and power though. Honestly though if I were you id order an sct x-cal2. I wish I had got one of them for my car instead of the diablosport.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
I've got 38,000 miles on a Steeda 4.10 speedometer recalibration gear without a glitch.
$25 +/- and a couple of minutes installation time. No wires!

98cobradan

Established Member
is diablos products compatible with sct, like for the dyno?? Say my tuner has an sct setup for the dyno will diablo products work ?

crazycarlo

Established Member
well Diablosport has a great product I love the backlit screen of the tuner and everything but from what I have heard and read people have been waiting a while for an update. And as far as I know the tuner will work only on 98 and up cobras so if you have a 97 or 96 you have to get an x-cal. It just seems more people run the x-cal and they have updates. As fast as the x-cal 3 over the 2 I heard it just writes the program a lil faster. Im not sure of the price difference between the two but if it was a huge gap to me the extra speed isnt worth alot of money when it only take about 5 minutes anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread