Did I break my pulley puller???

Shanezam203

Established Member
Is the bolt that threads into the blower supposed to be two pieces to the big bolt with the two nuts on it? I was putting my pulley on and it looks like the bolt cracked that threads into the blower. (or did it just unscrew from the big bolt?)
It almost looks like it is 2 pieces. It threads in and out, and feels tight... I am taking a break from it for now, anyone know what im talking about if it’s supposed to be welded together and one piece, or does it thread in?
I think I got the puller from rpm outlet. It looks like the one below.
thrasher0pulley0tool0removal0sm0aliensk.jpg

Thanks, Shane

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
It should be about an inch long allen set screw that goes through the middle, actually maybe even 1.5 inches. It should be smooth on both ends of it cause it isnt a cut bolt

rick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Shane, if you end up having to buy a new one, I'd highly recommend the Billetflow puller. Actually that's the only one I'd use.

Shanezam203

Established Member
Yeah I gave Doug a call from Billetflow about a new pulley and puller. But im waiting for him to call me back. I was just making sure that I didnt break the bolt on my puller. It is two pieces right?

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Yes, the allen screw gets put into the center of the shaft. It is not supposed to come out when doing a pulley install.....

rick

Users who are viewing this thread