Did someone say HYDROBOOST ?!?!

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
Well, my UPS guy came while I was at work today and dropped off what had to be the best packed item I have ever gotten.

The unit weighs a fair amount more than the stock vacuum booster, but is probably only about 7 to 9 pounds heavier, well worth the added brake pressure and consistency it should provide. To say this part is gorgeous would be the understatement of the year, it is finished in aflawless black powdercoat, the firewall mount is a spiffy custom piece of billet aluminum, and every single bolt and nut is chromed to within an inch of it's life, billet hoseclamps are provided as is stainless -AN fittings, this is made to be in a SEMA winning showcar, so I think it will pass visual muster under the hood of a Lightning.

I will install and test it during my Airride build, so it will be a month or two before I have any install pics or feedback.

CIMG3099.JPG

CIMG3100.JPG

CIMG3101.JPG

CIMG3102.JPG

CIMG3103.JPG

CIMG3104.JPG

CIMG3105.JPG

CIMG3106.JPG

pitstain

Established Member
Umm Cool im new to modding and I have no clue what that does.

Alan,

It is a hydraulic brake assist unit to replace the factory vacuum assisted boster, it provides considerably more braking force to the calipers, and is unaffected by reduced vacuum from upgraded heads/cams or driving conditions.

thats interesting. Would def like to see it installed

LOL, am I already being nagged?...HAHAHA

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
How did you conclude that more line pressure was needed? With the large, sorry, HUGE rotors all around one would think brake torque in abundance.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Ian,

That should really compliment your setup nicely. How much?

When should we expect to see it installed?

-MM

pitstain

Established Member
Very nice, I've thought of doing that too.

Thanks Travis, obviously we will see if it performs as expected.

How did you conclude that more line pressure was needed? With the large, sorry, HUGE rotors all around one would think brake torque in abundance.

More line pressure is not needed per se, but this should quell the vacuum issues I had on the roadcourse, upon immediate release of full throttle and immediate application of heavy breaking I was getting a dead pedal due to lack of vacuum, this unit should be immune to that, also it has been stated by many hydroboost users that the pedal feel is much more linear and much less effort is required to attain the same level of braking.

Nice setup Ian, how is the air ride project going?

Slowly......

he's trying to lock up the a b s.

I have no issue doing that now with the stock vacuum booster.

Ian,

That should really compliment your setup nicely. How much?

When should we expect to see it installed?

-MM

Martin,

the kit was about $700, as for completion date see above post about the air ride progress.....LOL

Looks like a nice piece. Stan

It is beyond nice, it is beautiful !!

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member

Ian wants to be able to dislodge his retinas while braking.

Nice setup Ian, I can't wait to see how everything turns out.
That won't negatively effect the PS system will it?

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
It will not be of Spencer's or Bob's quality but there will one.

oh come on man! I have converted every walk through on this site and others to PDF and have printed them in full color and into a large "shop manual". COme on Ian...pretty please :D

Users who are viewing this thread