Did You Guys See My SHO In PICS Sectn?

Magik SHO

Under Some Rollin Thunder
Established Member
New Pics Of The 1990 SHO, DIAL UP FRIENDLY

NEW PICS!!!

Ill post em again. Its a '90 (1st gen, 225 hp, not 220 (new debate), obviously 5 speed (all 1st gens were 5 speed, 1989-1991), not too bad, clean, and Im afraid to drive it in the winter, but shes my daily driver now, so....

Well 100K add 4K more and thats about right. New clutch, great black leather, all buttons function, sunroof still works, but squeaky and needs an oilin'.

I had an 89 for a week and got that one extremely cheap, some moron blew a stop sign and ended up face to face with me. That was 2 years ago, and I had to have another one eventually.

Thanks for having me in the club here, and I wanna soup it up. At 34, I have about 30 years in cars, working at my pops machine shop most of my life, but decidedly not my trade.

Let me know what I can do to it to get er at about 300 horsies, and Ill be your friend for life if I can pull it out.

Stats I read (read alot):

1st gen (89-91) all 5 speed, 225 hp, opposed to 2nd etc gen @220hp downtuned.

0-60: 6.2 sec

1/4 mile:15.2 @ 90 MPH

Other stats I forgot, except gross weight @ 3550lbs.

Lets debate if possible. heres some pics. 205 55 15 on front, better for ratio of gearing and better out of the hole, though top end would obviously drop off at a lower mph. Looks better to me, but have been debated on another board as looking "tiny". I love that look, like a drag car.

Click to enlarge.

th_shobodyplaygroundcompressed.jpg
th_shobodyrearpassenger.jpg

th_shobackseatfull.jpg

th_shodash.jpg

th_shofrontseats.jpg

th_shobodyfront.jpg
th_shobodyleftreardriver.jpg

Last edited:

94BlueSHO

Established Member
that things pretty clean looking. love the first Gens. only thing i would do is lose the basket wheels and put some slicers on it. other than that good lookin SHO

Last edited:

Magik SHO

Established Member
Actually, those wheels are capped in the center with the SHO on it, I just pulled the caps. They looked to 1990 for me. I think it looks more modern now without the caps.

Someday, crossover to 16's of a flat finish riveted dish aluminum (Ill see if I can find some Centerlines, to make it custom), dont like the slicers enough. For now, just driving. Love it, its amazing. Im so happy to own another one, I missed that first one for a long time. This one is MUCH cleaner.

I still wish that idiot didnt blow the stop sign and collapse my front end. Id have two.

I was hit by an 89 Taurus, talk about coincidence.

Thanks for the compliment! Yours is pretty sweet too.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Where'd you get the '225' hp from on the Gen 1 SHOs? Mechanically, all Gen 1 & Gen 2 MTX motors are the same, minus the Cali cars. I hope you didn't get that from the kid who sold you the car and the chip...

Magik SHO

Established Member
No, actually the research I did on the net had said the first gens were 225, and the second 220, they downtuned them with exhaust due to alot being autos. Auto fwd ford trannies arent great for high hp.

Again, thats what I researched, I dont remember the link, so its not credible until I dig it off of Google searches again. Therefore its heresay and speculation in anybody elses eyes. I do read alot, though, and do research. Ill look this week.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
All SHOs from 1989-1995 came with 220hp. 1996-1999 was 235hp with the v8. No SHO ever had 225bhp stock.

Not all Gen 2 SHOs were auto. The Auto's were rated the same as the manuals, they just put down less power at the wheels because of the driveline loss with the auto transmission. Remember the 220hp is crank horsepower. They usually put down, a healthy SHO, MTX a little over 200whp. And with a mandrel bent y-pipe, usually 5-10whp more.

All Gen 2 92 SHOs were mtx
1993 was the weakest year of the ATX car with about 60% being MTX and 40% being ATX
1994 and 1995 were a good mix of both ATX and MTX
1996-1999 was all ATX.

Definately check out SHOtimes.com for real true research.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Remember though Chris, ATXs were rated 14ft/lbs tq more than the MTX too ;-)

Magik SHO

Established Member
Yes, the information superhighway can misinform sometimes.

Like I said, I looked it up, and have no idea where, so thanks for the updated facts.

blue92

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
All SHOs from 1989-1995 came with 220hp. 1996-1999 was 235hp with the v8. No SHO ever had 225bhp stock.

Not all Gen 2 SHOs were auto. The Auto's were rated the same as the manuals, they just put down less power at the wheels because of the driveline loss with the auto transmission. Remember the 220hp is crank horsepower. They usually put down, a healthy SHO, MTX a little over 200whp. And with a mandrel bent y-pipe, usually 5-10whp more.

All Gen 2 92 SHOs were mtx
1993 was the weakest year of the ATX car with about 60% being MTX and 40% being ATX
1994 and 1995 were a good mix of both ATX and MTX
1996-1999 was all ATX.

Definately check out SHOtimes.com for real true research.

My stock SHO is dynoing at close to 240hp only thing I did to it is get a high flow cat and 2 and a half inch pipes all the way back with 2 turbo mufflers, and made my front motor mount solid by putting 4 bolts through it.

I'm the moderator for DFW-SHO Club and one thing I know for sure is no 2 SHOs ever dyno the same, and if you don't keep the maintenance up then you'll lose HP lots of HP.

There's a SHO owner in my club that has a SHO that just turned over 300k on the speedometer and the inside of the engine looks brand new, his is stock and dynoed about the same numbers as mine did.

blue92

Established Member
Magik SHO said:
Ill post em again. Its a '90 (1st gen, 225 hp, not 220 (new debate), obviously 5 speed (all 1st gens were 5 speed, 1989-1991), not too bad, clean, and Im afraid to drive it in the winter, but shes my daily driver now, so....

All SHOs from 89-92 were 5 speeds, 1st year they built ATXs was 93.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
No I'm one of those guys that knows that no stock SHO will make 240whp.

I asked if you meant crank horsepower, hence why i asked if you meant adding back drive-train loss.

blue92

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
No I'm one of those guys that knows that no stock SHO will make 240whp.

I asked if you meant crank horsepower, hence why i asked if you meant adding back drive-train loss.

Oh I see your one of those SHO guys that knows everything there is to know about SHOs, I even bet you rebuild you own engines. All I'll say is TexanTony is MY mechanic.

Oh yea just curious how long you been driven a SHO?

Last edited:

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
TexanTony is your mechanic because you dont know how to do your own work.

Tony does damn fine work from what I've heard BTW.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Do you even know who your talking to?

I've owned 4 SHOs. I know who Tony is. I know which car is his. I owned a supercharged 92. Read John Mears old race car. Unfortunately just couldnt get it running correctly so I sold it and got into Cobra's which led me to the Lightning.

I asked a simple question, why are you getting all defensive? You couldnt even answer the question, and then you turned it into an attack.

What the heck man.

Magik SHO

Established Member
Well, anyways guys, I have more new pics up, including interior etc. Its way at the top, you know, my post about my pics and all...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
blue92 said:
Oh I see your one of those SHO guys that knows everything there is to know about SHOs, I even bet you rebuild you own engines. All I'll say is TexanTony is MY mechanic.

Oh yea just curious how long you been driven a SHO?
:loser:

Magik SHO

Established Member
Despite some debates, lets try to ignore all of it and go look at the car. New pics.

I obviously made a few mistakes on the site in my early times, but you cant learn without sometimes screwing it up. Im an avid believer that knowledge and philosophy is learned through trial and error. Thats why I came to you guys, and after all the bs, we finally sat down and discussed the facts and passed knowledge. I regret the harshness on my part, but that was merely a tool to get to the info I was requesting and making peace eventually.

I will admit, though, I havent come off as a "know it all", I even had stated that the 225 hp was "debateable" here on the forum, something I stumbled on on some other lame page. I also made an error on the generation split, as far as years (89-92 first gen). Oops, I think it was a typo, mixed with dumbass-ness.

You guys know the facts, as owning these cars previously or currently. I just want to drive the thing, find some info, and get on the highway good and quick. Maybe I have to replace a sensor, or tighten something up, or whatever I gotta do. Good to know some folks are ready enough to pass the information. Its optional, of course.

Whatever is going on here is kind of a hijack, so you guys should open a new thread and debate there about this info and facts, pseudos, whatever, please.

New pics, click to enlarge. Better pics than those lame early ones I posted before. Thanks for your consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread