Did you have to modify your hood to fit billet vents?

Travis

Established Member
my lfp's dropped right in. nice snug fit. my brother was pretty jealous because he had to do some dremel work

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
can you guys explain the filing process exactly? sounds like 120 grit sand paper and what else? At what edges for how long? I have never filed on a panted surface so I kinda need some help at where to start.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
I just bought a fine file, checked where the vents were hitting and slowly filed/test fit until I was happy with the fit. Then I after it was filed I hit it with 220 grit sand paper so it was nice and smooth.

Just remember to lay a sheet over your engine bay and take your time.

cj428mach

Established Member
I had a set of LFPs for about a day they required filing to fit. In the end I decided I like the stock look better.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I used a dremel with one of the finer, small diameter sanding wheels at a low speed.

Yeah same here. I had to remove a decent amount of material(IMO) to get my LFPs to fall in. I had to do the same thing with my old vert and with my current coupe.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I used a small cordless Dremel and grinding bit. I had to remove quite a bit of material, my openings weren't even close. It was something of a pain and hard to figure out where they were getting hung up because I didn't want to remove more material than needed. I ended up making cardboard templates which really helped and what I would recommend. The look of the LFP vents has really grown on me.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
I got the LFP ones a couple weeks back...no sanding of anything they dropped in as if they belonged there....IIRC..LFP instructions do say if you dont feel 100% sure with sanding or grinding your hood just return them for a full refund......

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
all the hoods are different, some pieces drop some don't, I did mine with a dremel carefully, mostly the corners, but the vents look great dont plan to remove them, the OEM wont go back in, I wouldn't trim the hood if otherwise.
20140603_171954.jpg

Last edited:

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
I know this is a old post .
But I just installed mine they were a little bit of a PIA . My we’re off by a lot so I didn’t want to sand down the hood , I don’t think it’s right to do that . I’d rather screw up a 200$ aftermarket part than the OEM hood . Didn’t like that I had screw around with it soo much kinda scuffed up my hood . But looks good anyways . Just harder than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.comView attachment 1580877View attachment 1580878View attachment 1580879

Users who are viewing this thread