Did you have to modify your hood to fit billet vents?

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
in a lot of instances you have to file the hood to get those to fit. once you get them on though they look great. good luck

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Ok thanks, that's all I needed to know. I know the company that made them has been out of business, so I wanted to find out if it was normal for them to be fitted or if I should return and try another set.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Blueline

Established Member
I have always had to file the hood to get them to fit on both my Cobras. One set were from Fore and the second set from LFP, hade to file a bit for both. Cover the motor with a sheet and take your time.

I know its not the same product, but when I received my Fore hood vents, they advised me to use 120 grit sandpaper to file the hood vent openings until it fit properly.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Had to modify my hood as well. These hoods are composite and some are a bit rough where the vents go. Some just fall in, and some need to be filed.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
+1 on the hood fileing... I did it while my car was warming up on my way to a car meet

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I got lucky and my LFP good vents slid right in! The previous owner had a set if TF vents when he had it so I'm not sure if mine had been filed beforehand or not

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Post a photo of them installed. I'd love to see the finished work. They're going to look great.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Here's some pictures, sorry they're crappy. It's 17* in my garage right now. Took about 30 minutes with a mix of sanding/filing

Also Huge thanks for the tip on the sheet, something so simple made clean up a breeze.
lv7NMmn.jpg

44NvzpU.jpg

Q35EJbA.jpg

qTjOQqp.jpg

Last edited:

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
Here's some pictures, sorry they're crappy. It's 17* in my garage right now. Took about 30 minutes with a mix of sanding/filing

Also Huge thanks for the tip on the sheet, something so simple made clean up a breeze.
lv7NMmn.jpg

44NvzpU.jpg

Q35EJbA.jpg

qTjOQqp.jpg

Looks great. If Steve at TF doesn't do the group buy soon on his mesh set, I might have to get these.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Looks great. If Steve at TF doesn't do the group buy soon on his mesh set, I might have to get these.

well if you do, the guy on ebay has them the cheapest I've seen, he had 5 sets. He accepts offers I got them for 169.00 shipped.

Anybody have any suggestions giving it a polished brushed look? I did it with this intake, just going one direction with a couple grits of sand paper, but I'm not sure it would work as well on these smooth hood vents.

hard to see, but it had a brushed/machined look to it.

IMAG0510.jpg

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
Man they look great, just like mine lol. Yeah I figured out the sheet when I did my first set, now it's a must, just fold it in and roll it up! That dust gets everywhere and it's just makes it so much easier to clean up. Congrats again :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread