Didnt know my cobra could do this!!!!

Juruense

Banned
So last night i took my 03 out for a spin! As i was just cruisin mindin my own business i pass threw a green light and i hear a REV to the right of me it quickly catches my attention and i look back to see an 05 GSXR 600 sitting at the red light! Now dont ask me why but i turned around!!! As i got to the light where he was sitting i REVED my engine and slowly turned Right so when his light turned green we would be right next to each other!!

He rolls up next to me at about 40mph and his bike is Revin HIGH so i know he is in a low gear and wants to go! Im N 2nd and he gets the hit and without blinking i PUNCH it!! ....I stayed right next to this bike HE DIDNT GO NEWHERE!!! i mean seriously WOW i thought must of been luck! He must have missed a gear he gives me the thumbs up and i do back and i hit the 202West and here again two more bikes cruisin!!

I come off the on ramp and pull right up next to them this time it is an old bike and a newer Yamaha R6 Blue (AND IM THINKIN OK THIS SHOULD CLEAR IT UP!!) AND while im In 3rd gear we both just punch it and this time i PULL
(I swear to god I PULLED) about half a car we ended up hitting about 160+ and he could not pass me!!

HELL YA TO THE TERMINATOR!!!! I LOVE MY CAR

Are you an organ donor?

Juruense

Banned
**** no I haven't I am old enough and wise enough to not even consider trusting my life to a ****ing ford at those speeds.

Nino S

Established Member
nice kill and very believable!! most people that ride around my area have no idea how to ride any bike to its full potential. A slightly modded 600 with a strong rider can see high tens but most people riding around are high 11 second riders which is just in line with your Cobra with the mods listed. Get vids next time!!!!

homer302

Banned
Most of us have more sense?:shrug:
Actually all the horror stories of cooling issues have me scared to hammer mine on freeway for very long. I had it to 120 real quick once and that was it. I have had my 900RR well past 150 though on I85 about 2 AM racing a boob in a Z06.
:uh oh:

Last edited:

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
I used to own an 05 GSXR it was stolen from me when i was in the NAVY stationed in VA!!! B*****ds!!

I have Magna FLow Catback exhaust W/ X pipe and high flow cats 2.76 pulley w/4 idlers, JLT CAI, SCT X3 TUNE from VA, MGW short shifter, COMP CAMS, Diamond pistons
Valve job and a couple other things done to the head

but i just have stock SC NON ported but i swear to you all i really kept up with that 05 i mean DEAD EVEN to about 120 and the R6 have NO IDEA what year i was ahead of it the whole time by a HALF
I want to believe you but I find it very hard to believe:shrug:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
a few months ago same thing happened to me.
i raced a bike from 40mph in 2nd and i got a slight jump and walked him! i honestly dont know wht kind of bike it was but it was fairly new. terminators rock!

Jtemper03

Established Member
OK OK .... I am younger but when you are in a situation like that u get to 160 pretty quick its not like it takes all day long for the TERM to hit 160!!! One day i will b older and have calmed down but thanks for the advice!! I dont do that everyday it was just in that case it was a rush for me!! And for the non Believers i am trying to get video of my friends 05 600 and i racing just need to set up a time and place!! Then i will post it on youtube for all to see!!

He is a very experienced rider so like some of you say he might beat me but i swear i stayed right with that GSXR and was ahead of the R6! So in all honesty we r just gonna have to post a video for it to be a fact!!! AGREED???

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
You can run my 600 if you want. Bone stock 06 ZX6R, I'm right down the street

I raced a buddy with his stock 08ZX6R acouple weeks ago. He pulled maybe a car or so on me up to around 180km/h, at 200km we were side by side and at 240km/h I started to walk away a little. Fast bike for a 600!

Jtemper03

Established Member
You can run my 600 if you want. Bone stock 06 ZX6R, I'm right down the street

OK i will PM you my number!! When and where state it on here so everyone can see!! OH and do you have a camera and a friend to ride along with me cause i dont!!!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
**** no I haven't I am old enough and wise enough to not even consider trusting my life to a ****ing ford at those speeds.
:lol::lol::lol:

I hear that!

IDK I don't have any trouble believing these stories, I've pulled more sportbikes than have pulled me. I think it def takes a rider to make those good numbers on a 600. The real world tends to have results that vary.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
OK i will PM you my number!! When and where state it on here so everyone can see!! OH and do you have a camera and a friend to ride along with me cause i dont!!!

Let's not state when and where on here, but I don't have a friend that would be willing to go along man, I'm sure you know someone who has a camera? No? I'll see what I can come up with

How old are you man and how long have you had your Cobra?

I got your number so I'll give you a call I sent you a PM too

:beer:

:lol::lol::lol:

I hear that!

IDK I don't have any trouble believing these stories, I've pulled more sportbikes than have pulled me. I think it def takes a rider to make those good numbers on a 600. The real world tends to have results that vary.

Well I don't think a lot of guys downshift when they race, and if they do the rider probably doesn't hit 2nd when going from a 60 roll, which is where the power is on a 600 around that speed.

If I dropped my bike into 2nd at 60 it would give my Cobra a run for it's money, it would be pretty darn close. I'm pretty light though so that plays its role.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread