Didnt know my cobra could do this!!!!

Jtemper03

Established Member
So last night i took my 03 out for a spin! As i was just cruisin mindin my own business i pass threw a green light and i hear a REV to the right of me it quickly catches my attention and i look back to see an 05 GSXR 600 sitting at the red light! Now dont ask me why but i turned around!!! As i got to the light where he was sitting i REVED my engine and slowly turned Right so when his light turned green we would be right next to each other!!

He rolls up next to me at about 40mph and his bike is Revin HIGH so i know he is in a low gear and wants to go! Im N 2nd and he gets the hit and without blinking i PUNCH it!! ....I stayed right next to this bike HE DIDNT GO NEWHERE!!! i mean seriously WOW i thought must of been luck! He must have missed a gear he gives me the thumbs up and i do back and i hit the 202West and here again two more bikes cruisin!!

I come off the on ramp and pull right up next to them this time it is an old bike and a newer Yamaha R6 Blue (AND IM THINKIN OK THIS SHOULD CLEAR IT UP!!) AND while im In 3rd gear we both just punch it and this time i PULL
(I swear to god I PULLED) about half a car we ended up hitting about 160+ and he could not pass me!!

HELL YA TO THE TERMINATOR!!!! I LOVE MY CAR

homer302

Banned
How did you know it was an 05 Gixxer?

Just curious.

You must have the eyes of an Eagle.

Jtemper03

Established Member
I used to own an 05 GSXR it was stolen from me when i was in the NAVY stationed in VA!!! B*****ds!!

I have Magna FLow Catback exhaust W/ X pipe and high flow cats 2.76 pulley w/4 idlers, JLT CAI, SCT X3 TUNE from VA, MGW short shifter, COMP CAMS, Diamond pistons
Valve job and a couple other things done to the head

but i just have stock SC NON ported but i swear to you all i really kept up with that 05 i mean DEAD EVEN to about 120 and the R6 have NO IDEA what year i was ahead of it the whole time by a HALF

homer302

Banned
I wouldn't doubt your story because the first weekend I had mine I had never really gotten on it before. I have a 900RR also and I almost killed a dude on an R6 because I fully expected him to lay waste to me and I had to swerve around him quickly to keep from running him over on I-485 in Charlotte.
What kind of made me doubt it was how do you know it was an 05? What is the difference from 04, 05 and 06?

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
It's possible...a few nights ago I ran my friend with a cbr1000 and I was right next to him until about 140 when he started to pull ahead of me...

Jtemper03

Established Member
04 and 05 Im pretty sure the 04 looks exactly the same as an 05 600!! It was the 03 that is FAT!! The 06 has the same look as the 750 and 1000 on the taillights very nice looking!! And being an owner of one and wishing i still had it helps to I even stop every once and awhile if i see one and compare VIN NUMBERS LOL IM CRAZY!!

But it was a sick kill and im glad im not the only one i swear i thought i was dreamin!!

homer302

Banned
It's possible...a few nights ago I ran my friend with a cbr1000 and I was right next to him until about 140 when he started to pull ahead of me...

Not going to argue about this but a 600 is one thing. If you hung with your friend on a 1000, he is a wus. Plain and simple. IF you want to continue, I am sure there are people here with 1000s that live near you and would gladly show you. I have a modded 900RR and a pullied Terminator and it would not be a contest.

End of story.

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
when i was intake and exhaust only i would get pulled by 600s but not by much they would pull few cars then i would stop it. i am sure with your mods you hang and pull on him top end no problem.

homer302

Banned
04 and 05 Im pretty sure the 04 looks exactly the same as an 05 600!! It was the 03 that is FAT!! The 06 has the same look as the 750 and 1000 on the taillights very nice looking!! And being an owner of one and wishing i still had it helps to I even stop every once and awhile if i see one and compare VIN NUMBERS LOL IM CRAZY!!

But it was a sick kill and im glad im not the only one i swear i thought i was dreamin!!

Yep. I am with you. The dude on the R6 was completely tripped out when my fender was in front rolling down I-485. We let off and slowed down and he pulled his visor up and yelled, what the he** is that? I said it's just a stock Cobra with a pulley and he said no sh**? That thing is awesome. Nobody was mad. We didn't have our egos out, it was just for fun.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
i believe u man i havent posted my so called "bike race" on here just because of all the non believers, good race & sounds like a nice car

Jtemper03

Established Member
YA this was a total friendly race between both bikes they both gave thumbs up to my car! No body hatin LOL! Thanks for all the feedback and congrats!!!! Appreciate it all!

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
i've had similar outcomes already a few times and im in a STOCK cobra...just inexperienced riders...not riding the bike to its full potential....

...i know a 600cc should walk me pretty easily...

Users who are viewing this thread