Diet and workout questions

GoneNsixty

Established Member
Hey guys I have been unable to do anything active for over a year because of ankle surgery. I can't run anymore but I can ride the bike and maybe a elpitical. Is there any workout advise. Also I plan on cutting out sodas and snack type food. Are their any supplements I can take that will aid in fat loss? I'm not trying to be all buff as of right now I'm just trying to loss wieght and get back on some sort of diet.
Thanks guys in advance!

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
I would wait on the supplements unless you absolutely have to take them to see results. There are alot of products on the market that speed metabolism and other weight loss pills like the old hydroxycut. I've taken the hydroxycut hardcore before it was pulled from the market for 30 days and cut 11% BF with a workout.

Nowadays I prefer weight training with some cardio and a healthy diet. One pound of muscle burns something like 70 calories a day so if you can manage to put on 10 lean pounds weight lifting you'll be burning up 700 extra calories a day and that will add up quickly.

Start by cutting out unhealthy snacks, fried foods, meals extremely high in carbs, sodas and caffeine in general, and alcohol. Replace with vegetable/fruit/multigrain snacks, grilled meats with veggies, and alot of WATER. Create a caloric deficit by eating less AND working out. If your mindset is right, you'll start shedding pounds quick.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Hey guys I have been unable to do anything active for over a year because of ankle surgery. I can't run anymore but I can ride the bike and maybe a elpitical. Is there any workout advise. Also I plan on cutting out sodas and snack type food. Are their any supplements I can take that will aid in fat loss? I'm not trying to be all buff as of right now I'm just trying to loss wieght and get back on some sort of diet.
Thanks guys in advance!

The most important thing is your diet and exercise, if you took supplements, they wouldn't account for much.

Try TheDailyPlate.com and record your foods. It helps you set goals and maintain them.

As far as exercise, if you have a bike and a place to ride, then you are in luck because I think that is the most fun. Set goals, start off slow, but if your willing to bike for like 30-60 minutes 7 days a week, then that would be great.

z28 MaGz

Established Member
I went cold turkey on anything that was fattening. I lost 80 lbs in 6 1/2 Months. Just by doing alot of cardio and some weight lifting. Cardio consisted of 10 Mile hikes everyday and 2 mile runs in the evenings. Did it all without any help of supplements, I don't know why people even take them in the first place just to lose weight. Good luck.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Cut out excess sugar and white flour. You can have bread and grains but make sure they are whole grains. The more fiber the better. Buy non sweetened yogurt, eat a lot of fruit. Eggs and cottage cheese are among the best and easiest sources of protein you can get. As mentioned before, do cardio and weight train but don't overdo it at first as you will be susceptible to injury.

As far as supplements, a multivitamin, green tea pills, fish oil, and whey protein would be a good start.

There are a million more things to say, but that is a start.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Several different methods you could go with.

Cut sugars out and keep carbs low. Also keep your calories low as well. I'd say go with 1600-2000 calories...or at least make that the goal. First thing you'll want to do is check to see how many calories you are taking in right now, on a typical day. Lets just say that you are taking 3500 calories a day. Try and cut it back 300-500 calories a week. If you just try and go straight to low calorie days, you'll most likely start cheating and starving yourself.

Lipo6, Lipo6x and Lipo Black are considered the best fat blockers/burners out there. I dropped 50lbs in 5months using Lipo 6x but also with good diet and exercise. If your doing cardio, you'll need to do at least 20minutes. Even if you can't cut your carbs down too low, don't consume carbs prior to your cardio sessions. You'll burn sugars, then carbs then fat when doing cardio. So to make sure your making the most of your cardio sessions, don't do sugars and carbs prior or afterwards.

Also try lifting weights. You can do high rep and low weight lifting if you don't want to get big. Lifting weights is a great way to burn fat. However, if your looking to put some size on, eat carbs prior to lifting weights and lift heavy with low reps. During heavy lifting, you'll use your carbs to fuel your muscles. You can do cardio afterwards and most of your carbs should have been burned lifting.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Lot's of experts here, you will see!

^^What this guy said.

If you stay in this thread long enough, you'll be recommended every supplement up to and including steroids for your "fat loss," as well as heavy lifting, probably starting at the suggestion you begin at 300 lbs. or so on the bench and work your way up to SVTP's collective average of ~ 500lbs for a warm-up.

Or, alternatively, pick up a few books on the issue and tailor a plan for your lifestyle, time, weight, eating preferences, budget, etc. I've liked "Power Eating" by Susan Kleinert, but there are others. The exercise is fairly straight forward, diet is a bit more tricky as you'll see...

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
I lost ~50 pounds by cutting out soda, fast food, eating correctly, and running 5 days a week.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you like cola soda and don't like the diet versions, here is a tip to help you reduce your sugar intake. Buy a few of the flavored seltzers (they are not sweetened), especially vanilla and black cherry. Fill a glass 1/2 full of cola (or even a bit less) and fill the remainder with the flavored seltzer. You end up with a less sweet vanilla cola or cherry cola. I do this all the time now and love them. IMO the regular colas are way too sweet anyway.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I lost ~50 pounds by cutting out soda, fast food, eating correctly, and running 5 days a week.

Exercise and diet really need to work together to be effective, like you mentioned. Great that you lost that much weight. I lost about 40 lbs. doing exactly what you did. That was back in 2000. I still run today. Eating healthy and choosing your foods carefully is important, especially those foods that contain a lot of fat. And when you do eat foods with higher fat content, eat them in moderation and infrequently. Lastly, multiple smaller meals is better than fewer bigger meals. Worse is eating one big meal a day -- dinner. DON'T skip a healthy breakfast and small lunch. Your body will burn more calories when it has to respond to those frequent smaller meals vs. going more idle when you're not eating.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Run or use the eliptical 5 days a week and cut out the junk food....simple stuff. I'm down 45lbs in 4 months. I've actually lost a lot more in BF than whats listed as I've definatley put some muscle on. If you really want to lose it quick run or use the eliptical 2 times a day even if it's for only 15-20 min in the am. If you eat crap food your never going to be skinny.

stangin99

Established Member
Let's see.

Start out by taking HGH, roids, test. That shit works from day one for everyone under 200lbs. Also be sure to eat slightly over your normal amount of food, because you know that you must be eating right. And lots of curls.

\SVTtypicalresponse

Users who are viewing this thread