Diff-Locker

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
After a few runs at this weekend I noticed that just one tire is spinning :nono:! So I think the limited slip down. Where can I buy new parts to repair it or can make it better? I know that it exist for the 8.8 some carbon disk for more friction and better endurance, can I buy something like that for the 9.75 too?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You have to have a few very expensive specialized tools from Ford to rebuild the 9.75 lsd carrier. You'd be better off buying a Detroit Tru-Trac.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
i don't mean to hi-jack, but what's the best way to remove the diff cover? Is there a special method? I tried earlier and its a pita to get anything under the cover to pry it off.

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Thanks Sid!

And I thought it would be cheaper to rebuild it. To install a Tru-Trac there a special tool requierd? Where Is the best buy for these ?

Chris

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Thanks Sid!

And I thought it would be cheaper to rebuild it. To install a Tru-Trac there a special tool requierd? Where Is the best buy for these ?

Chris

Lethal can get you a good deal on it. You will need the same tools as you would for any rear axle rebuild, like a bearing press and gauge to measure lash.

Users who are viewing this thread