Difficulty shifting into 3rd / 4th at high RPM's

JLMoldingDesign

Established Member
Has anyone experienced difficulty shifting into gears at high (over 6000) RPM's ? I've made a few passes and a few times I have found that I cant shift into 3rd or 4th gear. Shifting very fast it doesn't want to go into gear and sometimes I could feel the gears grind. Driving at normal speeds is perfectly fine. No grinding, no clutch slipping.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Mine is like that also.I really have to shift it hard at high RPMs. To make it go in!I Just change fluid to Amsoil ATF,hopeing that will help.

Last edited:

JLMoldingDesign

Established Member
Looking to add a WOT box hoping that by cutting spark that will take some of the pressure off. I'm not familiar with how it all works but on the R6 race bike I have, I have a quick shift that allows a smooth, rapid gear change at full throttle. Before I had it installed, applying slight pressure on the shift lever there would be resistance until the throttle was rolled back off and then it would slip right into gear. I know this places a lot of stress on the forks.

Has anyone with a T56 damaged their forks ?

kierrea35

Established Member
I just had that problem. This past weekend I changed my trans fluid to the Royal Purple synchromesh and adjusted my clutch. It's pretty much gone for the most part. But I haven't tried it with my WOT box yet.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Schronizers are wearing. Blocker rings are like brake pads, they wear. The longer you drive it like this the more damage the engagement teeth/sliders will endure. All the "snake oil" mentioned WILL NOT fix a mechanical issue (in need a a trans rebuild). PM me for further details.

cobracide

Established Member
Clutch adjustment? How does the adjuster look? High RPM issues only sounds like syncros though.

Last edited:

Bigggy

Established Member
OP, what kind of cable, quadrant and adjuster you're running?
I've read an old thread here where a guy had the same problem and the calpruit was the Steeda cable.

I had the same problem after a complete clutch swap + Steeda cable + FW Ad+ quad. Last tim I drop the tranny, I put back the OEM cable, but unfortunatly I didnt drive the car long enough before storing it to know if my issue was gone.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Schronizers are wearing. Blocker rings are like brake pads, they wear. The longer you drive it like this the more damage the engagement teeth/sliders will endure. All the "snake oil" mentioned WILL NOT fix a mechanical issue (in need a a trans rebuild). PM me for further details.

This is what I was thinking. After you fix the worn pieces I would recommend the fluid mentioned. Fresh carbon rings and good pieces all around make a huge difference :rockon:

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Yeah it's just time for a rebuild. No fluid will fix it. I'm getting TheGearBox.org stage 2 kit installed in my T56 in the spring

Only run a syncromesh fluid in a T56!!! Any T56 builder will tell you that

Users who are viewing this thread