Dimming Lunar guages? Who has info on the mod to do so.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
i believe the method was to put resistor(s) wired in the light source for the light. i guess it reduces the power sent to the gauges to better match the stock gauges. i should try this i have a whole set of resistors sitting in my shed. i guess i am just too lazy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Someone said a couple of days ago that you can wire the gauges into the dimmer switch and then use the switch to dim the gauges. But I would expect that you'd then dim he main cluster as well. The best solution would be to have a separate dimmer for the pod gauges.

Mine, by the way, don't dim. I accept the brightness and kind of like it that way. :p

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Bob, thats what I was talkin about.

I'm guessin if you wire in the guages with an add-a-circuit, then attach the new dimmer after the fuse box inline with the power wire, you'll be able to dim em seperate. Once you get em dialed in that way I imagine they should be damn close to the stockers even when the stockers are dimmed.

Btw, Bob, we have similar setups. Only one is allowed to survive
:D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Bob, thats what I was talkin about.

I'm guessin if you wire in the guages with an add-a-circuit, then attach the new dimmer after the fuse box inline with the power wire, you'll be able to dim em seperate. Once you get em dialed in that way I imagine they should be damn close to the stockers even when the stockers are dimmed.

Btw, Bob, we have similar setups. Only one is allowed to survive
:D
Survival of the fittest! LOL!

If you find a way to dim your gauges let me know. If you think of it. :burnout:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Autometer's site mentions using a rheostat as well. I'm gonna give em a buzz on Mon and see what they recommend.

Silver 03 Cobra

I don't remember the wire but pull the light switch out. It's not that bad if you've done a few. Take a voltmeter and probe a wire and watch to see if the voltage changes when you turn the dial. If it does then you have the right wire and just splice into it. I used one the snap-on wire splices. That's how I did mine.

Users who are viewing this thread