disconnected battery, predator tune??

Juiced-03

Established Member
It takes a couple hundred miles for the car to relearn the fuel maps. It won't affect your tune though.

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Like Bryan said it'll take a few drive cycles for you car to re-learn.

What he said. Think about it, even your radio doesn't loose the radio presets when you disconnect the battery!

hmwave

Established Member
The flash is stored in non-volatile memory which does not need voltage to sustain it.

The Keep Alive memory is lost when you disconnect the battery. Keep Alive stores information such as long term fuel trim so the computer must relearn this thus the difference in running.

nothing

nothing
Established Member
Originally posted by Nuclrslug
even your radio doesn't loose the radio presets when you disconnect the battery!

??? the radio does lose the presets and the clock resets when you disconnect the battery!

Last edited:

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by nothing
??? the radio does lose the presets and the clock resets when you disconnect the battery!

It doesn't lose the presets but it may not recall the previously selected preset and thus be 'off-station' when it's first turned on.

The clock does lose its time setting though I had my battery disconnected for 10mins last night and the clock did not lose its time, nor the radio the last selected station.

cobra101

Established Member
I hear as far as losing clock time and radio presets it has to do with whether you disconnect the positive or negative cables. Positive cable removal will erase the clock and radio presets. From my experience anyways.

nothing

nothing
Established Member
Originally posted by cobra101
I hear as far as losing clock time and radio presets it has to do with whether you disconnect the positive or negative cables. Positive cable removal will erase the clock and radio presets. From my experience anyways.

either cable will cause a complete loss of electrical current to the system and reset everything

that is why vendors have you remove the negative cable when you are installing their products

hmwave

Established Member
Always remove the negative cable first. If you remove both cables replace the positive cable first and then the negative cable.

If you do it the other way round and your wrench slips and touches metal it can spark and fuse to that part.

Then you might be able to barbecue and make smores.

TRBO VNM

since there is such a debate, why not go try it yourself and see what happens. doesn't take long.

i remove the negative cable everytime I need to and the clock does need to be set, but the radio stations stay. the radio does change to AM though. so I put it back to FM1 and all my stations are there...they do not reset!

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
since there is such a debate, why not go try it yourself and see what happens. doesn't take long.

i remove the negative cable everytime I need to and the clock does need to be set, but the radio stations stay. the radio does change to AM though. so I put it back to FM1 and all my stations are there...they do not reset!

exactly what he said...

Users who are viewing this thread