Distilled water instant of coolant?

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, I have always thought it was better to run distilled water instead of well water. Here where I live I have always put 1 gallon of 50/50 antifreeze and the rest distilled water.
Only asking for knowledge sake.

Roush6018

Established Member
i used to run 50/50 coolant and water mix in the engine radiator and 70/30 coolant and water mix with water wetter in the Intercooler. now i am running EVANS WATERLESS coolant in my engine and 70/30 mix in my intercooler. i plan on adding the water wetter when i change out the intercooler fluid. the Evans Waterless coolant does not need to be changed.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Wow, I have always thought it was better to run distilled water instead of well water. Here where I live I have always put 1 gallon of 50/50 antifreeze and the rest distilled water.
Only asking for knowledge sake.

You want to run distilled/de-ionized water in a 50/50 combination with full strength antifreeze. That gives the best results over the broadest number of applications.

I think I need to do a white board video on this.

i used to run 50/50 coolant and water mix in the engine radiator and 70/30 coolant and water mix with water wetter in the Intercooler. now i am running EVANS WATERLESS coolant in my engine and 70/30 mix in my intercooler. i plan on adding the water wetter when i change out the intercooler fluid. the Evans Waterless coolant does not need to be changed.

Evans is fine to run in both.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I run Evans Waterless coolant in the cobra but when I need to add water to the other cars I get distilled water from the gas station that does not have added minerals for taste.

svtaddict

Established Member
You can get distilled water a walmart. Its like a dollar a gallon. Im pretty sure thats what has always been supposed to be used when mixing water with concentrated coolant. The lack of minerals keeps the insides of the engine from corroding.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
i use distilled water with ~30% coolant. when i go to the track, i empty my ice tank (trunk tank) into a clean 5gallon bucket and replace it with regular water. i add ice at the track and when i get home i empty the water and replace it with the distilled/coolant mix.

Users who are viewing this thread