distinguishing factory paint-pen marks

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thank you! Believe it or not, this car actually is not the one from the market. There are two 3000 mile mineral coupes out there lol. The other one had the front plate bracket installed, this one does not. I had asked the owner if he has posted it on here and he said he didnt. But being that the prior owner had this thing since 2003 and religiously drove it, im not worried about it. He did a great job preserving it.
What does "religiously drove it mean"? His grandma only drove it to church? He drove it like an old priest?

MG0h3

Established Member
Certain components get the paint on a screw so they know if it has loosened or was tampered with. Only guess on all the other marks is they were used to help identify what parts went where since it was such an early build.

MineralCobra

Established Member
I have 03 MG cobra as well, its one of the ealier build. I have alot of the markings.. such as on sway bar, bolts, stock blowe etc. Car had 96k miles and never had issues with headtick or anything like that..

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The purple dot (or "daub") on the front sway bar is specific to all Terminators, and is based on its OD. Other version of Mustangs had different colors depending on which one it was.

Purple.JPG

There is some info on the build sheets:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/build_sheets.htm

devin_svt

Established Member
What does "religiously drove it mean"? His grandma only drove it to church? He drove it like an old priest?
Drove it like a old priest is the best way to describe it. Only early in the morning around 5am to avoid drivers on the road, for about 10-20 mile drives here and there. He wouldnt go out if there was a cloud in the sky, and the car shows for it

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Drove it like a old priest is the best way to describe it. Only early in the morning around 5am to avoid drivers on the road, for about 10-20 mile drives here and there. He wouldnt go out if there was a cloud in the sky, and the car shows for it
yeah religiously does not mean what you think it does LOL

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
That's always the term myself and friends use, must be a east coast thing lol.
doing something religiously means you do it everyday or very regularly. that car was not driven religiously LOL more like seldom in old lady style.

stangfreak

Established Member
They explained the marks a long time ago to me when I purchased the car back in 03. I forgot what they all meant. some were just like a check list so to say. My car still has them.

Also, if you look at certain parts of your car, especially the rear bumper, you will see a ford sticker with a part number and it will say terminator on it. Right from ford. But it is cut off I think. It will say term. I tried to peel it off and save it a long time ago but it never peeled so I left it on the car.

The cylinder tick is annoying but it wont hurt performance. There were guys back in 03 04, running 11.20's with the eaton and head tick constantly at the track with no problems. One guys name was JT I believe. cracked 11.20's with bolt ons with head tick.

Users who are viewing this thread