Do any gt500 guys mount gauges on steering column

ANMCycle

Screw it KB Style
Established Member
Here is the harness that exits the rear of the Shelby gauge pod.............

033_zpsl23juhfv.jpg

and here is a view of the pod and dash surface comparison.........

034_zpsghodzien.jpg

^^^^Pretty darn close in texture and look...........

R
Yea it is!!!

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Yea..... idk , I'm not spending 600$ for a gauge pod or whatever lol. I've seen some dual gauge pods..... they look kinda cool.... I'm thinking about going a pillar now and going dual.... and putting my two gauges in there..... I really appreciate all the educational stuff you guys just showed me, but it seems like a lot of
Money and a lot of work just to mount 1 damn innovate boost gauge. does anyone know the best or a good but not so expensive a pillar pod.... I want the one that replaces the door trim..... that's the better kind right? Not the kind that clips over the existing one?

The $600 includes boost gauge, oil and fuel pressure gauges. The pod itself is $150. I just checked shelby store and they don't list the blank version, but they did use to sell it so try giving them a call and see what they say.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yea..... idk , I'm not spending 600$ for a gauge pod or whatever lol. I've seen some dual gauge pods..... they look kinda cool.... I'm thinking about going a pillar now and going dual.... and putting my two gauges in there..... I really appreciate all the educational stuff you guys just showed me, but it seems like a lot of
Money and a lot of work just to mount 1 damn innovate boost gauge. does anyone know the best or a good but not so expensive a pillar pod.... I want the one that replaces the door trim..... that's the better kind right? Not the kind that clips over the existing one?

No problem, and I am sure that others with "gauge interests" have also read this thread and see some of the options that are available. I have seen the blank gauge pods on eBay through Shelby auctions..........I am thinking a I saw one a couple of weeks ago on eBay, but I don't remember for sure......

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The $600 includes boost gauge, oil and fuel pressure gauges. The pod itself is $150. I just checked shelby store and they don't list the blank version, but they did use to sell it so try giving them a call and see what they say.

Yes, and as I mentioned in a previous post, that Autometer fuel pressure gauge (without the Shelby signature) is approx. $250, even on eBay through other sources and the sending unit that is included in that fuel pressure gauge kit is $100 all by itself if you have to buy a replacement (ask me how I know). So $150 for the pod, $250 for the fuel pressure gauge kit and then approx. $100ea. on the other two gauges...........even buying piece by piece instead of from Shelby as a complete gauge pod will cost $600 or so, and you get the unique signature gauges from Shelby if you buy it from them.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Here is the blank Shelby dash pod on eBay..............

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...gauge+pod.TRS1&_nkw=shelby+gauge+pod&_sacat=0

^^^A little further down in the eBay link above is the pod with the holes, and even further down is the pod with gauges.............$720.........OUCH!!

R

ANMCycle

Screw it KB Style
Established Member
Yea..... **** that.... I'm gonna get an a pillar pod and put my innovate boost gauge and my aeromotive multi gauge in there and be done I guess? Hey since we are talking about gauges .... my aeromotive gauge turns white when idoling lately.... the whole screen turns white.... and then if I turn the AC off, or driving on the highway it becomes clear again. This only happens when parked..... any idea why that's happening all of a sudden? I've been having electrical issues and having the guys at the shop verify that and then find out where the water was coming from (inside the car that I couldn't find...) so I replaced the windshield curtesy of safelight through my insurance because in Florida they fix it for free if you have a cracked windshield, and mine had just so happened to crack 2 days before, so the water that was coming into the car is gone, so now I have to have them fix the outside since the D BAG who built this car sucks at life and did a HALF ASS job building it running the wires and wrapping them and even tucking them, there's no box or nothing..... I mean for an all out race car if you wanna do a half ass job like that if it never saw rain ever it would be fine.... but what's weird is, I drove from tennesee to Florida in a little rain here and there and I didn't see it have any issues till I washed the car..... then the thing freaked out, and that's when I knew it had electrical issues and something wasn't right.

Users who are viewing this thread