Do I have Cats?

norrin302

Established Member
Hey, just picked up a new (to me) 07 GT500 and I love the crap outta this thing already!! So insanely fast! But it's definitely crazy loud. I have receipts from the previous owner for a full Bassani 3" exhaust, long tube headers, catted Hpipe and axle back. My question is, does it still have the cats on it? Maybe I've just been outta the Mustang scene for a while, but I'm not positive those things in the picture are them. I appreciate the help.

20141005_183303_zps0b0cb139.gif

20141005_183254_zps2b54b554.gif

norrin302

Established Member
So those bulges right behind the headers are the cats, right? I'm used to them being a little more obvious, but I wanted to get some other opinions.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Does the car smell like raw gas?

nxhappy

Established Member
ditch those cats. (but save it if you need it for smog lol)

Cats can get clogged (especially aftermarket cats). When they do, boost skyrockets, and bye bye motor

She will flow much better, and gain HP , with a catless H or X . Not to mention it will sound bad ass.

norrin302

Established Member
Thanks for the confirmation guys. It's too loud as it is, no way I can remove the cats. Just thought maybe if it didn't have cats it would explain the sound, but guess Bassani just likes things to scream. Atleast everyone hears me coming and gets outta my way!

Users who are viewing this thread