Do I need a retune?

Kask65

Established Member
Decided to go o/r x and lm2 mufflers. I currently have a catted x with a bassani catback. Not sure if a retune is neccesary when removing the cats and adding straight thru mufflers? The current tune is for a 2.8 pulley, I take and the catted x and bassani.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Decided to go o/r x and lm2 mufflers. I currently have a catted x with a bassani catback. Not sure if a retune is neccesary when removing the cats and adding straight thru mufflers? The current tune is for a 2.8 pulley, I take and the catted x and bassani.

Too answer your question, Whenever you make a modification you should update the car with a new tune.

Is it required? no. I didnt, you just get a lot of obnormal things happening like more that normal unburnt fuel and odors. Ive ran my GT for years without a tune on a O/R Xpipe, catback and headers. I mean i havent see one dime of performance from it besides a cool sound but its a daily

Last edited:

Kask65

Established Member
Too answer your question, Whenever you make a modification you should update the car with a new tune.

Is it required? no. I didnt, you just get a lot of obnormal things happening like more that normal unburnt fuel and odors. Ive ran my GT for years without a tune on a O/R Xpipe, catback and headers. I mean i havent see one dime of performance from it besides a cool sound but its a daily

So it isn't gunna hurt anything? I'm not looking for performance just sound out if the swap.

testorossa1989

Established Member
So it isn't gunna hurt anything? I'm not looking for performance just sound out if the swap.

Nope, i ran offroad H pipe w/ catback exhaust no tune on the cobra. Just get a pair of MIL eliminators (o2 rear sensors) otherwise your CEL will be on

You will just have a lot of unburnt fuel and to clean black residue off your bumper but thats typical to any car that doesnt have cats. You'll be fine. Just get those MILs so you dont have a solid CEL on all day and then forbid have something wrong and you will never know the difference.

Last edited:

Kask65

Established Member
Nope, i ran offroad H pipe w/ catback exhaust no tune on the cobra. Just get a pair of MIL eliminators (o2 rear sensors) otherwise your CEL will be on

You will just have a lot of unburnt fuel and to clean black residue off your bumper but thats typical to any car that doesnt have cats. You'll be fine. Just get those MILs so you dont have a solid CEL on all day and then forbid have something wrong and you will never know the difference.

Cool thanks a lot

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No re-tune required, but it is definitely smart to check your A/F after making engine mods.

Users who are viewing this thread