Do I need a tune if i add an offroad H?

dirtyjerz5.0

Established Member
my engine mods are as follows

Power Stack Open Element Cold Air Intake
Borla Stinger Cat Back
2.76" Billetflow Pulley with 100mm Idler (Black)
Tuned by Bob Kurgan: 452hp and 474tq

Was considering slapping on a offroad H. Would I need a tune?

If I def should get it tuned im going to go with a offroad H and heat exchanger and a tune in one shot

32Valvefox

Established Member
im sure a tuner could make some minor adjustments to get the a/r better dialed in, but it wouldnt be absolutely necessary

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
This_Thread_Delivers_UPS_Babe.jpg

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
haha this thread is full of win!

I have a bbk off road x on my car, and have run upr on previous mustangs with no problems.

perry2k12

Established Member
So when I install my UPR o/r X I won't need to have tune ready to turn off the rear 02s? Am I just supposed to leave them hanging or what? I'm assuming there aren't 4 bungs for the sensors (I haven't gotten the stuff yet to see). This is my first exhaust install if you can't tell.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
So when I install my UPR o/r X I won't need to have tune ready to turn off the rear 02s? Am I just supposed to leave them hanging or what? I'm assuming there aren't 4 bungs for the sensors (I haven't gotten the stuff yet to see). This is my first exhaust install if you can't tell.

You will need a tune to turn off the rear 02s or MIL eliminators( connect between the harness and the 02s and tricks the computer. Most people just leave the 02s installed in the off road pipe and yes it will still have 4 bungs.

I currently run MILs on my cobra as its the stock tune, once I get a tune I will cap the extra 2 rear bungs and remove the 02s all together.

Users who are viewing this thread