Do I need valvesprings?

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
I just put the down payment on my motor rebuild. Nothing crazy. Custom JE (9.2), Eagle rods, stock crank. The heads are 04 Mach with comp valvejob, new (stock) valves/guides/springs and stock 99 cams. Anyways Im looking to get 525/525 out of a single turbo.

Is it neccessary to buy aftermarket valvesprings? I would like to spin the motor to 7200rpms, but have no idea if this is wise choice for my application. Should I just spin to 6800 and put the valvespring money towards a ported intake or towards the turbo fund. Any thoughts would be great.

J

Janstang

I'd say anything under 15psi and the stock springs will work O.K..Anything above 15psi and you should consider it.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
Im hoping to get the 525/525 out of 12 psi, I just dont know if I need the extra rpms

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
hell i would do it, its extra insurance and will prolong the life of your valve seats because the valves will not be bouncing as much when they seat, you shouldnt have much of a problem with floating stockers and you say 12# but when is 525 ever enough? lol, you will be bumping that to 20# in no time and floating valves all day long...

J

Janstang

Very true..I always said I wouldn't push more than 15psi through mine. Since going to the turbo its so damn easy to make boost it isn't even funny. I regularly see 20-25psi. I did the Comp beehive springs and have had good luck. They were a PIA to install, but worth it..

Users who are viewing this thread