Do I or Don't I? Warranty Service

nu snake

Established Member
Car is running great everything is fine except, the driver side seat belt won't retract all the time, and gets rolled up in the guide. I know there's a TSB. Dealer willing to fix. Question-- do I take the chance or unmod the car just to have the seat belt fixed or tell them to leave everything alone and leave the car as is. Basically we're talking pulley and Predator tune that I could take off (other mods more or less permanent). I just don't want someone to think they're doing a favor an putting in the stall tune or messing with a scanner. Other's experience?

Last edited:

TenthScale

Established Member
for that I know at my dealer I would not worry about it.. They are not going to do any extra work, and they will not spend time trying to detail info to use against you later.. It would be a waste of their time..
Just bring it in

nu snake

Established Member
I guess I'll take my chances. I'll just have to be diplomatically clear with the service advisor that I'm very particular about my car, its running great, don't mess with it (other than the **%@+ seat belt retractor)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
nu snake said:
I guess I'll take my chances. I'll just have to be diplomatically clear with the service advisor that I'm very particular about my car, its running great, don't mess with it (other than the **%@+ seat belt retractor)
That is great advice. That is exactly what I would do. Most dealers are not going to snoop around. Nor should they.

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
just bring it in, most of the time the tech would only do what is on the job order sheet.
My dealer fix one of my speed sensor today and re surface my rotor and clean the pads. I told my brakes makes noises, all that under warranty. And I'm fully modded eaton.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
You still run the risk of someone lifting the hood just to take a look and seeing it's modded. Then it's a crap shoot as to whether they actually know it's modded...whether they would note it, etc. If you're on good terms with your shop, just ask them if you can bring the broken part in and get it replaced. I have done that several times. I just bring them the mileage (they have the serial number) and they swap me out. They also get to flag the labor for free!! But I have a great relationship with these guys that many don't. But it's worth the call.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
nu snake said:

Thats what I would do. I have a really cool dealer, I had the same problem with my seatbelt they put in a new one and its fine since then.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
This TSB merely installs some teflon tape in the loop that guides the belt. If you want to do it and avoid dealing with warranty issues you can just have your service dept order the tape and do it yourself.

The TSB for the teflon kit is TSB-04-24-21. The kit # is YR3Z-63611D70-AA.

Users who are viewing this thread