Do stock to lightly modded 99-04 GTs getting spanked by 350z?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Full of themselves and most are modded.
Stock for stock it's a drivers race most of the time.

Best I've seen a stock 350Z run was 14.1

281cisohc

Established Member
i Call Bs ...0-120 =Gt anything after its 350z territory ...even a stocker with 3.27 gears would stay dead even or pull ....

spike_africa

Established Member
i personaly raced two, one was bone stock and one had intake and exhaust and was tuned. The stock one wasnt a fight it was 3 cars back at 60mph and i shut down.

The modded one however was pretty quick from a dig i pulled 3 cars and walked away to 5 by 100mph. From a roll i only pulled just about 2 cars on it from 30-80mph. The modded one said his fastest time was a 13.8 All i had then was cai,h-pipe,exhaust,nittos. i could see one beating a GT if the driver sucked and we all know there are tons of those people out there.

Last edited:

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
when i had my 03 GT i ran it stock and i went 14.0@99 or 100mph cant remember. i never raced one in my gt. some kid at my work has a black 350z and he said he wanted to race me in my cobra i told him anytime. he said he had a 500 hp race motor:D still has the stock exhaust. i havnt raced him yet but i did race one in my cobra that had atleast exhaust and i flew up his ass so fast i had to slame on my brakes so i didnt run in the back of him.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
From a dig I would think the Mustang GT have a slight (very slight, that is) advantage but the 350Z probably has a tad bit more top end. So I'd give them the nod on the highway.

But I find it hilarious for some of them to consider it no contest. Many probably beat a Mustang to a merge on the highway, while the stang driver wasn't even aware they were "racing".

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I'll get flamed for this but I was beating 94-03 GT's a lot with my 350z....I always seemed to get a better launch. They are very easy cars to drive. I had some mods exhaust/cia/plenum while doing this. I woulds say it's a drivers race.....however maybe a bad driver would do better in a 350z? They were just so damn easy to drive.

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Yes the 350Z will kill GT's easily. I had an '03 350Z last year and raced my buddy in his mildly modded '01 GT a few times and i never had a problem beating him and i was all stock!

rjs281

Established Member
not sure what gt's you are talking about?i have never lost to 350z and i just had bolt on's.gear and cb.plus mine is an auto.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I pulled one by about 1/2 a car from 40-90 in my 100% stock GT a few years ago.. It was a stock track edition

whitestang04GT

I Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
I'm part owner of a speed shop, I have a GT & my partner has a 350z, both with tones of bolt-ons..We both put down about 260rwhp N/A...We've raced a few times, they are almost dead even, from a 20 roll to 140, he got me when I started running out of RPMS with 4.10s...But from a 3rd gear to 3rd gear 45 mph roll to 120 we never moved more than 4-6 inches, looked like we were sitting still...MY GT runs a low 13.3 on BFG's...To have a 6 cylinder hang with me, I was very impressed....

slow02GT

When my GT was bone stock I ran a 350z owner ( both of us manual ) at the track 3 times one day....it was the first time either of us ever raced and we ran 14.00-14.10 all 3 times...I would kill him off the line but we would slowly get beside each other by the end of the 1/4.
Drivers race in my opinion and neither car will rape each other when they are stock unless one of the drivers is handicapped.

Some quotes from those guys that were amusing:

I eat Mustangs for breakfast.
350Z 2004 Enthusiast: K&N Typhoon Air Intake - Motordyne Plenum Spacer - Alphawerks Stainless Steel Headers - Kinetix High Flow Catalytic Converters - Injen Super SES Cat-Back Exhaust System - Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Stock '04 base model... I have ran upwards of 15 different 99-04 GT's.... have yet to lose to a single one.... anyone who says it's a race must be joking... or fuggin stupid... (proably just stupid).

motor has 20k miles. very clean mustang for an 01. Its also leather and fully loaded and mine is a base model. I hear those stangs weigh in the 3700lb range?

sounds like a lot of people mouthing off without any knowledge of mustangs...looks like they will really be butthurt when they lose against one

Last edited by a moderator:

EZRIDN

Established Member
Check my sig for times. I have raced 3 or so at the track and never lost. Ran 1 on the street and pulled it from a slow roll.

MattP 343

Established Member
no offense to anyone but I find it funny how it always goes back and fourth...Z owners insisting they've never lost to a 99-04 GT and same can be said about the Mustang owners.

Olmec

Established Member
Where's that vid posted here not too long ago of a catbacked auto GT running away from a brand new 6spd Z???

Users who are viewing this thread