Do we know if a Pulley swap will be easy again???

chuckstang

Established Member
I have not seen any proof yet if this blower will be as easy to swap pullies as on the 03/04...anyone know for sure or will we have to wait for this summer for that as well?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i have heard rumors that ford was taking precautions against this practice. such as placing the pulley near the bottom of the engine. in a place harder to reach and harder to work on. if they accomplished this goal or not, i do not know?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
03snake said:
I have a funny feeling the after market guru's will take care of us.........

Indeed. I can't say whether or not it really is hard/easy, but trying to keep people from modding is like putting a steel chastity belt on a hot girl. We'll find a way in..

R1Lello

Established Member
DBK said:
Indeed. I can't say whether or not it really is hard/easy, but trying to keep people from modding is like putting a steel chastity belt on a hot girl. We'll find a way in..

;-)

Agreed. I'm willing to bet, within a few months of release, there will be upgrades allowing more boost. i.e. upper pulley/snout and or aftermarket lower

Jpjr

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i have heard rumors that ford was taking precautions against this practice. such as placing the pulley near the bottom of the engine. in a place harder to reach and harder to work on. if they accomplished this goal or not, i do not know?

well, we are talking about the supercharger pulley, and the supercharger is on top of the engine. what they are said to be doing is placing the pulley toward the rear of the motor instead of the front. that will make it much more difficult, but not impossible, to change. at the current power levels however and at +40k, your better off doing it once with a whipple.

chuckstang

Established Member
How can the pulley be towards the rear of the motor. the blower sits on top of the intake with the pulley in front??? just like in the pix from the concept car weve seen.
Im not a mechanic but I dont see how ford could do too much as far as making it "harder" to do a pulley swap

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I still don't understand the pulley in the rear concept, havn't seen any picutres of that yet. What are you talking about?

Mr. Negative

Established Member
The blower pulley on the crank is behind the regular drive belt pulley. Which means the blower belt is behind the drive belt. this is what they mean when they say the pulley is in the rear.

This puts the lower blower pulley close to the engine and there may not be enough room around it for a bigger pulley.

The top pulley is supposed to be tight around the snout, making it hard to put a smaller upper pulley on.

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
I guess I don't get it. Why would Ford want to make it harder to upgrade their vehicles considering the HUGE aftermarket especially for their vehicles?? I've always thought they welcomed such.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Mr. Negative said:
The blower pulley on the crank is behind the regular drive belt pulley. Which means the blower belt is behind the drive belt. this is what they mean when they say the pulley is in the rear.

This puts the lower blower pulley close to the engine and there may not be enough room around it for a bigger pulley.

The top pulley is supposed to be tight around the snout, making it hard to put a smaller upper pulley on.

Now it makes sense, but I am sure the aftermarket will fix it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
samill2 said:
I guess I don't get it. Why would Ford want to make it harder to upgrade their vehicles considering the HUGE aftermarket especially for their vehicles?? I've always thought they welcomed such.

Because they don't want you to modify them. Simple answer. A body kit is one thing, but they hate it when you up the power.
I also heard that the upper pulley is attached to the snout in a way that you may have to remove the snout all together and replace the snout and pulley on a swap. I don't think that this makes sense, but it is one rumor I have heard.

-Jeff

chuckstang

Established Member
Hmm they dont want us to swap pullies but I bet ford will not complain if we order a twin screw from them lol

earl lee

Established Member
samill2 said:

Because they were tired of doing warranty work on cars that had smaller pulleys that blew up.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
This is from another thread but I posted it here because it shows a clear shot of the blower. From the looks of it, I'm not sure that pulley can be changed??? :shrug: Then again, I'm not a mechanic so I can't say that for sure.

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread