Do you give fellow Ford drivers "Prepherential Treatment"?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used to be as generous as I possibly could on the road, even for late-lane mergers. Now its just down to tastefully modified cars and I intentionally disallow ghetto ass people who think they command the lanes ..ESPECIALLY late-lane mergers lol. I hate when people let the late mergers in because they PURPOSELY go ALL the way to the end of the merging lane because they KNOW some chump would let em in. /rant

I have to patience with late mergers on the freeway. I am very courteous with those who need a break or when it is expedient to do so. However, if I'm in a long line of cars waiting to exit and some idiot tries to pass the line and cut in at the last minute.....no way. I will purposely not give them enough space to do it. They're no better than anyone else who is being patient and driving normally.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Cut in front of you where? Just driving on the highway? Coming out of a parking lot/side street?

I'll always let at least one car go if I'm on a main road, they are trying to enter the road, and it won't back up traffic any more. I don't see why the type of vehicle, gender, race, or skin color would matter with that? It's just common courtesy. Maybe that's something that hasn't made it to Canadialand yet...

+1 on the parking lot/side street. If you can't be considerate of other drivers then you're a dick.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
I let ANYONE in if they actually use their turn signal.

But since only one in twenty does I can usually just be my standard asshole self.

Great answer. :beer:

I only offer Prepheromonal treatment to cars that smell like they need it.

Should certain drivers really get special treatment over others?

How about preperipheral treatment? Just around the edges?

Cut it out - I told you I was tired lol.

That' be funny if it didn't come from someone living in a country of 8, eh.

Ouch. Touche.

You obviously think it should or you wouldn't have asked the question...

Really? So now I'm sexist as well as a bigot? So by your logic, if I started a thread asking if convicted pedophiles should recieve an automatic death sentance, I would HAVE to be pro Capital Punishment? Of course not.

One thing your post has done is made me realize that I never did give a reason for the OP. It was actually a co worker who gave me the idea for this thread. He was talking about how he loves to piss off drivers of imports (not that it matters, but he drives a Chevy btw) and he'll go out of his way to do so. I told him that with that kind of attitude, sooner or later Karma (or a slug from a .38) will come back and bite him on the ass. So I started thinking about how many other people do this. The other reasons I gave were just other examples for this type of behaviour that's all. You would have to be pretty naive to believe that they don't exist.

perry2k12

Established Member
I make a special effort to make room for old men in nice ford trucks. Usually I'm not nice to other mustang drivers around here because they're typically cocky teenager driven 2005+ v6 mustangs that the kid's parents bought for them, or junk sn95/new edge gts.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Phellow Phord drivers get the same consideration the others do. As long as they're driving in a civil manner, I'll cut most anyone a break.

Machdup1

Established Member
Just like the title says you guys: Would you be more inclined to let a Blue Oval cut in front of you before - let's say - a Honda or Toyota?
Does the gender make any difference?
Or should I say it - Do colour or nationality play into your decision?
Be honest.

I do not let anyone cut me off. They may cut me off, but it is not something I control.

If they do cut me off, their gender or make of vehicle makes no difference, I'll will be disgusted in their lack of driving skills either way. My only wish when I get cut off is that I wish a LEO was around to see and cite.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
I do not let anyone cut me off. They may cut me off, but it is not something I control.

If they do cut me off, their gender or make of vehicle makes no difference, I'll will be disgusted in their lack of driving skills either way. My only wish when I get cut off is that I wish a LEO was around to see and cite.

Cutting in front of you is not the same as cutting you off. I guess I should of made myself a little more clear on that.

exdeath

Established Member
It depends on attitude. Ill go out of my way to not pass V6 or GT Mustang because I don't want to be a pompous douche in my Cobra, but if they are driving aggressively and cutting people off, its game over and I will miss my turn to hunt them down and make their balls feel tiny just like anyone else.

Machdup1

Established Member
Cutting in front of you is not the same as cutting you off. I guess I should of made myself a little more clear on that.

If they indicate they want to come over by turning on their indicator, i let them over, regardless of who they are or what they drive.

I think too many people act like they are at war on the road or something. Whoopdeedamndoo someone cuts you off or forgets to signal. I don't like when people do that either but get over it.

usmcrebel

Established Member
meh, i give treatment to the ones i would if i was holding the door...women, people with children, old people, and of course anything blue oval....everything else can sit tight and freakin chill

Users who are viewing this thread