Do You Guys Think My Tires Stick Out To Much? :-/

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
I sort of do... I am not sure what to do about it though. Tis the only way to have a 10.5" Rim with 315s without grinding down the IRS bolt (I used a 3 / 8" spacer). What do you guys think?

img08147bu.jpg

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Maybe a lil bit. Any other pics...maybe one from lil bit to the left or right?

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
My personal opinion is that as long as the tire does not goes past the fender is ok If you look at the top of the fender and is beyond that then it does not meet TUF acceptance thats how Germany determines what is right and wrong . Keep in mind that in addition the more the tires sticks out the more stress is on the suspension and the worst it performs.. That is the philosophy of TUF Inspections and believe me I lived there for 5 years another reason you will never see BMW, AUDI, MB, tires never go beyond the outside of top of fender. You are just fine.. :coolman:

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Now Thats a better pic you are fine just get rid of the 4X4 look , keep in mind you are probaly looking at the bottom too much or better say at the bumper area .... imagine a straight line fro the top of the fender and you see what I mean you are fine but if you dont like it send them to me.. NOW drop that truck

afterscoops.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
So grind the bolt. It isn't hard.

Doesn't look to bad though. I'm not really a fan of big ass tires, like 315's. Some look good and some don't.

ModsAway

Established Member
I think it looks great. I used the 1" spacers and think mine stick out a bit too far but it was the easiest way to clear the IRS bolt (with no grinding) and not having to install new lug nuts.

2814v

Established Member
Drop that rear end 1" to 11/2" and it will look killer. I also have the 3/8 spacer, but only 91/2 rims so yours must likely are about a 1/2" out farther then mine. With my KB springs and 295's I'm loven my a$$ end.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
booricua said:
...you are probaly looking at the bottom too much or better say at the bumper area .... imagine a straight line fro the top of the fender and you see what I mean you are fine
What he said. It looks good to me. :thumbsup:

It's a big difference to go from stockers to 10.5" wheels. It helps point out how "tucked in" the factory rear wheels/tires really are. If it really bothers you, go with a 1/4" spacer instead of a 3/8"...or just grind the IRS bolt down.

If you could see a Cobra with 10.5" wheels, wide 315s, and 1" spacers... you'd see that your setup definitely does not stick out too far!

WDW MKR

Established Member
You really need to lower it and run a wider tire. The Nittos are too narrow for a 10.5" wheel. The stretched tire make it appear that the wheels are being pushed out.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
2814v said:
Drop that rear end 1" to 11/2" and it will look killer. I also have the 3/8 spacer, but only 91/2 rims so yours must likely are about a 1/2" out farther then mine. With my KB springs and 295's I'm loven my a$$ end.

What kind of 9.5 in rims do you have? - thats what I want.

Users who are viewing this thread